Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Pleasantly Surprised
By John

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After researching, the MB ML500 was the only SUV that appealed to me-used for utilitarian purposes as fast cars are my preference. I am surprised at how well the MB drives. It accelerates nicely & handles turns better than most SUVs Iíve driven. Itís extremely quiet & has great curb appeal. I love that itís predictable & that the ride is true MB. I avg 20+mpg highway and 15+mpg city. I like the console & control center a lot (as for the clock in the center for the passenger-they can buy a watch or drive) & seating is comfortable on long trips. My friends have the Lexus & Infiniti & other than outright speed-FX is much faster-RX not so much-my M Class wins in every category-especially style!

Favorite Features

Styling, interior and exterior. Power lift-gate-which goes all the way up, power seats, climate control system, seat & back warmers, HK sound system, xenon lights, sound dampening, MP3 connection, rear-view camera, and power folding mirrors, etc. I like the 19Ē tires over the 17ĒÖmuch more stable.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation systemÖmaybe if enough of us say it MB will do something about it. Itís very slow and cumbersome. They need to study Tom Tom! Retractable running boards so you have the option not to use them. Itís low enough to step over them when getting out, but you could get dirt on your pants.

Great Handling SUV, Some Big Nits
By Barry

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My 2007 ML 500 is the best handling and riding SUV I have been in. Really enjoyable to drive, corners extremely well. Seats are really comfortable. Cargo space is pretty roomy. Biggest complaint is delay in acceletration: Car "jumps" after 1 sec or so delay when stepping on the gas. Gas mileage is terrible. Also the automatic tailgate only goes about 3/4 of the way up, and so if you don't remember to push it the rest of the way up with your hand, you will bang your head on it if you are more than about 5' 10"(which I have done about 100 times). Final complaint is navigation is very hard and slow to program, especially if you are in a hurry.

Favorite Features

Comfort, ride, handling, cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Transmission/acceleration, gas mileage, auto-tailgate, Navigation

Almost Perfect
By Mark

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I was able to find a new ML 500 with the optional AMG sports package. I love this vehicle because its styling is second to none, especially with the AMG package. Unfortunately, the performance is not as what I had expected. The transmission has some serious lag. It seems like it's got multiple personalities and only responds when it wants to, not necessarily when you want it to. Other than the transmission, there's nothing to complain about.

Favorite Features

AMG sports package

2007 ML500
By FredinMD

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Purchase based on one criteria: I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably. With the seat all the way back, I can barely reach the gas. My previous vehicles were Suburbans/Denalis but GM lowered to roof line so my line of sight was the sun visor! ML500 exceeds my expectations. I was concerned about comments re: navigation; it has some Teutonic quirks, kind of like a Siemens cell phone I had, but it's great and I like that it recalculates the route when you choose to deviate rather than chastise you to turn around, like some systems do. If BMW hadn't reduced driver's cabin space length in '07 for the sake of the ridiculously little 3rd row seats, probably would have gone with X5, but I couldn't be happier.

Favorite Features

Effortless acceleration, adaptive HID headlights, extremely comfortable and supportive seats

Suggested Improvements

Telephone system permitting only certain MB-programmed phones pales compared to BMW's system compatible with any blue tooth phone and even to GM's OnStar phone.

One Great ML 500
By ranvcn

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

One great SUV. My husband and I had the 2004 ML350 for about a year. My husband was pleased with the ML350 stating it was a truck and was suppose to drive like a truck. My opinion was a little different, I hated everything about the ML350. Well..whenever the 2006 ML came out we went to the dealership to test drive. My husband was in shock with how different the ride. Of course, I was sold after riding for a block. We purchased the ML500 and we are in love with the ride, sleak style, comforts in seating space, the great speed on the highway and much, much more.

Favorite Features

All controls located on the steering wheel. NAV/Radio large screen and I truly enjoy the CD player is located in the front of the car and not in back of the SUV.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggest that I would like to offer, making the NAV system screen, a touch screen.