2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
the best choice
By johnmb on 01/19/13 06:29 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

For a pre-owned SUV, there is probably no vehicle available for the money that provides the overall features including impressive fuel economy, style and useful utility. This 2007 includes all of today's competitorís features that I wanted including Blue tooth, Navigation, Satellite and I-pod integration. It simply canít be beat. Overall handling is great, itís very smooth and quiet however the engine doesnít have the Ďsnapí off the line that would make it superb. I donít have much positive to say about the stalk style gear selector. Itís odd at best and in my opinion further compromises any sport feel to the interior working the controls. Also, you have to get used to putting it into Park with the only assurance being the Ďbingí sound rather than any true visual reassurance that a shift lever shows. All in all, itís a great car for a great value delivering a combination of desirable qualities.

Why?
By sicvic1 on 12/12/12 09:57 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought 2007 ML350 used, for asking price at CARY MB, 2.5 years later transmission issue. Seem to stump the mechanics, they replaced a part at 1100.00, next month same issue with transmission, now they want over $5000.00 to repair. Do not have any faith in MB or their product. Reading other writers reviews seems transmision issue should be a recall through MB.

Never Again
By mphs on 12/15/11 14:18 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

At 60K miles, tranmission failed. Cost to repair - $7 thousand dollars. Mechanic (other than dealership) opined that he did not know why MB had not recalled them. He never drives a MB made after 2004. A total piece of junk that has put me back finacially several yrs.

Loving My "New to Me" ML 350!!
By Tihannah on 06/27/10 06:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 1st Mercedes and I am, so far, more than happy with my choice. I traded in my '07 Chevy Tahoe as it was nearing its Warranty end and I could hear all the clunks and bumps starting to happen. I purchased this one with 31K miles and a great warranty. The difference is amazing! I LOVE the way this vehicle looks and feels when driving. The interior feels very roomy and comfy. I'm still getting used to all the bells and whistles and how to navigate them. My only complaints are: the 6 disc CD changer~seems kinda slow and chunky and no iPod integration. Also, I have to purchase a bluetooth module to enable my handsfree option.

accident waiting to happen
By ron on 08/03/09 08:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall the car is good, much improved over our previous 2003 ML. The steering column mounted, electronic shift however is a major problem, which MB won't or can't fix. It is easy to think you have put it in park by pushing the button, also has tendency to come out of park. My wife was run over by her ML after it failed to stay in park and rolled backwards on flat parking lot. Thus far MB has done nothing to address the problem. Since the computer drives the car it seems it would be very easy to have the computer stop the car, shut down engine or otherwise give an aggressive warning when car is in gear and door opens; the little dashboard light which currently does the job is useless.

Reliability poor
By Chris on 07/17/09 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have this ML350 for just over two years. Juat in the past month, I had three incidents with lamps. First, one headlight lamp went out I replaced myself. Then two weeks later, the breaklights went, and the dealer had to replac the lamp and sockets. This week I had a problem with the parking light. When I had my 2002 ML320 for 5 years, I only had to replace a single haed lamp. It lokks like that MB started to use cheap components in their car to save money. This is a very unhappy customer due to the inconvenience. I called MB to request they do a preventive maintenance, replacing the remaining lamps. I was told they can not do it. My next car will be an American made car.

Pleasantly Surprised
By John on 12/27/08 15:55 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After researching, the MB ML500 was the only SUV that appealed to me-used for utilitarian purposes as fast cars are my preference. I am surprised at how well the MB drives. It accelerates nicely & handles turns better than most SUVs Iíve driven. Itís extremely quiet & has great curb appeal. I love that itís predictable & that the ride is true MB. I avg 20+mpg highway and 15+mpg city. I like the console & control center a lot (as for the clock in the center for the passenger-they can buy a watch or drive) & seating is comfortable on long trips. My friends have the Lexus & Infiniti & other than outright speed-FX is much faster-RX not so much-my M Class wins in every category-especially style!

You're Not Going To Believe This!
By Cynthia A. on 08/02/08 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Let me begin by saying, I am trying to love my ML350. I have had it for 1 1/2 yrs. now. The ride is smooth and without the major and minor hiccups I'm about to explain, I really try to love it. Let's begin: there is a plastic rattle sound that I hear every single day while driving at low speeds on normally worn roads.(can't hear it on the highway or interstate) My dealership had it for four days and can't seem to fix it. Next, one day while opening my back hatch a large bolt just fell out of the hatch. Of course, there is the trailer hitch recall. Best of all my driver's side heated seat burned a hole in my seat and nearly caught on fire. Daughter was sitting in seat warming up between soccer games.

Sweet
By hoonsgal on 10/16/07 20:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I just purchased the ML350 after seriously considering the Lexus RX400h and the Acura MDX. I really fell in love with the ML350's appearance and the smooth and relatively powerful ride. The interior is very comfortable and spacious and this car is a joy to ride. I will say that if navigation is a big priority to you, the Acura is much better. The system is clumsy and you can't even find a Starbucks on it! But, it is functional.

Great Handling SUV, Some Big Nits
By Barry on 10/09/07 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My 2007 ML 500 is the best handling and riding SUV I have been in. Really enjoyable to drive, corners extremely well. Seats are really comfortable. Cargo space is pretty roomy. Biggest complaint is delay in acceletration: Car "jumps" after 1 sec or so delay when stepping on the gas. Gas mileage is terrible. Also the automatic tailgate only goes about 3/4 of the way up, and so if you don't remember to push it the rest of the way up with your hand, you will bang your head on it if you are more than about 5' 10"(which I have done about 100 times). Final complaint is navigation is very hard and slow to program, especially if you are in a hurry.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.