2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Stay away from the ML320
By bd2595 on 01/29/14 09:23 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I drive an older Mercedes Diesel and I have for years. I purchased this 2007 ML320 less than two years ago with just under 70,000 miles and the problems began. First, it has electrical problems and has burned out several brake lights in the two years. Then the rear hatch locking mechanism broke, over $400 to repair. Then it would not accelerate and we had it towed, there was a turbo valve issue, over $1400 to repair, then the alternator went out which required complete reprogramming of the car and was over $900. About two weeks ago just before a huge snowstorm it shredded not one but two serpentine belts. Now its in for a transmission problem. STAY AWAY these cars are junk.

Love the ML, hate the expenses
By flaML320CDI on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Great car, not much to whine about. Exterior still looks great with regular care & good wax. However, at 3.5 yrs (no abusive driving) 78,000 miles transmission had to be replaced (no repair options) @ over $7,500. Changing headlight bulb $150 vs. $50 for local mechanic. Basic oil changes @ dealer $150+ on A maint, usually $500+ on B maint. Like a inkjet printer, it appears most of the profits come after the sale. Saved $$$$ with local tire store vs. dealer, oil changes also at the Jiffy Lube (just more than usual for Mobil 1).

The BEST car ever!
By Bellad4 on 06/23/10 07:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I absolutely love my 2007 ML320CDI. Beautiful design, highly reliable, 30MPG Hwy. Stable, fun, safe, with a dealer that has been THE BEST. Get with it U.S. market and buy diesels...no smell...low noise....and terrific overall. Drives wonderfully in the mountains or on flat roads...great handling for an SUV...The ONLY problem is the darn PHONE pairing.....MB is archaic when it comes to this and it's a problem for a car of this cost...They need to get their technology package up to speed with the GM and the Japanese!.. (sorry, but true) Wonderful car with a weak spot.

Diesels are Great
By JRW on 05/03/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have owned this CDI for 4 months and love it. It is a great engine... plenty of smooth, quite power. I routinely get 23 MPG around town and up to 28 on the highway. The transmission shifts a little "truck like", but does a great job of slowing the vehicle without brakes. The cruise control is excellent, hardly ever downshifting. The interior is very nice. My biggest complaint is the finicky Bluetooth adapter that does not work with many cell phones. Diesel service costs will be higher.

Expensive Problems
By William on 02/13/10 10:36 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

This was an excellent choice for the first 18 months. It has since started to self-destruct. Driving is an adventure. Our Civic just rolls along.

As good as it gets . . .
By MT Seats on 10/30/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I'm now 2.5 years into this vehicle and it's a real keeper. Typical German performance and the diesel is simply awesome. Can't understand why anyone would settle for gasoline version of this. It performs as well as most sedans and easily pulls my 4,000 lb. boat!! Moreover, 25 miles to the gallon running at over 600 miles per tank - are you kidding me? No, I'm not.

Happy and Proud
By Pat B on 01/01/09 20:20 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

We bought the diesel variant of the ML for the MPG and torque ratings. We have been very happy with power and the MPG. It is a turbo diesel so I knew to expect the 1-2 second lag when hitting the gas but love the punch once the power hits. I have been lucky not to experience any reliability or odd little noise issues and am thank full for that.

First Mercedes Exceeds Expectations
By wofatbill on 10/29/07 11:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Ordered this vehicle in January and did not get delivery until May. This is the only thing that disappointed about Mercedes. After almost 6 months and just over 10000 miles, I have found very few shortcomings and many pleasant surprises. The most pleasant has be fuel efficiency. Overall combined mileage is right at 27 MPG. Trips up and down the east coast this summer registered almost 30 MPG, both better than the ratings on the sticker. Solid construction, quiet operation, real luxury feel, terrific acceleration and very comfortable seats among the most pleasing characteristics. Only disappointment so far is iPod integration bug which MB has promised to fix. Highly recommended.

Great SUV....so far
By Arthur on 08/28/07 08:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

This is my first SUV and my second MB, my wife drives an 02 SLK. I leased my ML 320 CDI in Feb. 07 and so far I have been very impressed with the quality and workmanship of this SUV. The ML320 drives and handles well for a AW drive SUV. The performance is impressive,the diesel is super quite and the MPG is good for a vehicle this size, I have been averaging 21-22 combined and 24-25 highway. I have 7000 miles on my ML and so far no problems. The only down side is the price, MB needs to start offering more options as standard equipment, ie: Bluetooth, formed mats, power and heated seats, moon roof...etc and a lower price so more people can afford it. I would highly recommend this SUV.

Pleased with purchase!
By James on 08/20/07 09:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I purchased the 2008 ML CDI with Package One last month. Pewter with Macadamia interior. I got the appearance package with i-pod connection. I am very pleased with the decision. I've owned MBs for the past 20 years, including the old diesels, and this is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. I drove 330 miles on half a tank of fuel! Comfortable, relatively quiet, nice features. This is my first SUV, so it's taken some getting use to, especially after driving an S320. Ride is a little stiffer. But I have no regrets and would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.