2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Pleasantly Surprised
By John on 12/27/08 15:55 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After researching, the MB ML500 was the only SUV that appealed to me-used for utilitarian purposes as fast cars are my preference. I am surprised at how well the MB drives. It accelerates nicely & handles turns better than most SUVs I’ve driven. It’s extremely quiet & has great curb appeal. I love that it’s predictable & that the ride is true MB. I avg 20+mpg highway and 15+mpg city. I like the console & control center a lot (as for the clock in the center for the passenger-they can buy a watch or drive) & seating is comfortable on long trips. My friends have the Lexus & Infiniti & other than outright speed-FX is much faster-RX not so much-my M Class wins in every category-especially style!

Great Handling SUV, Some Big Nits
By Barry on 10/09/07 20:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

My 2007 ML 500 is the best handling and riding SUV I have been in. Really enjoyable to drive, corners extremely well. Seats are really comfortable. Cargo space is pretty roomy. Biggest complaint is delay in acceletration: Car "jumps" after 1 sec or so delay when stepping on the gas. Gas mileage is terrible. Also the automatic tailgate only goes about 3/4 of the way up, and so if you don't remember to push it the rest of the way up with your hand, you will bang your head on it if you are more than about 5' 10"(which I have done about 100 times). Final complaint is navigation is very hard and slow to program, especially if you are in a hurry.

Almost Perfect
By Mark on 05/19/07 17:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I was able to find a new ML 500 with the optional AMG sports package. I love this vehicle because its styling is second to none, especially with the AMG package. Unfortunately, the performance is not as what I had expected. The transmission has some serious lag. It seems like it's got multiple personalities and only responds when it wants to, not necessarily when you want it to. Other than the transmission, there's nothing to complain about.

2007 ML500
By FredinMD on 05/18/07 07:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Purchase based on one criteria: I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably. With the seat all the way back, I can barely reach the gas. My previous vehicles were Suburbans/Denalis but GM lowered to roof line so my line of sight was the sun visor! ML500 exceeds my expectations. I was concerned about comments re: navigation; it has some Teutonic quirks, kind of like a Siemens cell phone I had, but it's great and I like that it recalculates the route when you choose to deviate rather than chastise you to turn around, like some systems do. If BMW hadn't reduced driver's cabin space length in '07 for the sake of the ridiculously little 3rd row seats, probably would have gone with X5, but I couldn't be happier.

One Great ML 500
By ranvcn on 12/05/06 18:31 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

One great SUV. My husband and I had the 2004 ML350 for about a year. My husband was pleased with the ML350 stating it was a truck and was suppose to drive like a truck. My opinion was a little different, I hated everything about the ML350. Well..whenever the 2006 ML came out we went to the dealership to test drive. My husband was in shock with how different the ride. Of course, I was sold after riding for a block. We purchased the ML500 and we are in love with the ride, sleak style, comforts in seating space, the great speed on the highway and much, much more.

Love it!
By Oilcan on 11/09/06 15:34 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have been reading comments about this vehicle for almost a year now. Finally pulled the trigger and I am very happy that I did. This SUV is fantastic! Excellent performance, great feel on the road, comfortable and fun to drive. I do not drive it everyday, so gas mileage was not as big of an issue. When I get on the road, I wanted all the power that the V-8 has to offer. 7 speed transmission is flawless. Opted for the ML500, Alabaster White exterior, Mac interior, P2, and Ipod intergration.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.