Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

the best choice
By johnmb

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

For a pre-owned SUV, there is probably no vehicle available for the money that provides the overall features including impressive fuel economy, style and useful utility. This 2007 includes all of today's competitorís features that I wanted including Blue tooth, Navigation, Satellite and I-pod integration. It simply canít be beat. Overall handling is great, itís very smooth and quiet however the engine doesnít have the Ďsnapí off the line that would make it superb. I donít have much positive to say about the stalk style gear selector. Itís odd at best and in my opinion further compromises any sport feel to the interior working the controls. Also, you have to get used to putting it into Park with the only assurance being the Ďbingí sound rather than any true visual reassurance that a shift lever shows. All in all, itís a great car for a great value delivering a combination of desirable qualities.

Seating is very comfortable Spacious interior Great sound system Ride is fantastic

return to conventional shift lever improve the steering resistance more off the line snap

Why?
By sicvic1

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought 2007 ML350 used, for asking price at CARY MB, 2.5 years later transmission issue. Seem to stump the mechanics, they replaced a part at 1100.00, next month same issue with transmission, now they want over $5000.00 to repair. Do not have any faith in MB or their product. Reading other writers reviews seems transmision issue should be a recall through MB.

Never Again
By mphs

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

At 60K miles, tranmission failed. Cost to repair - $7 thousand dollars. Mechanic (other than dealership) opined that he did not know why MB had not recalled them. He never drives a MB made after 2004. A total piece of junk that has put me back finacially several yrs.

Loving My "New to Me" ML 350!!
By Tihannah

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 1st Mercedes and I am, so far, more than happy with my choice. I traded in my '07 Chevy Tahoe as it was nearing its Warranty end and I could hear all the clunks and bumps starting to happen. I purchased this one with 31K miles and a great warranty. The difference is amazing! I LOVE the way this vehicle looks and feels when driving. The interior feels very roomy and comfy. I'm still getting used to all the bells and whistles and how to navigate them. My only complaints are: the 6 disc CD changer~seems kinda slow and chunky and no iPod integration. Also, I have to purchase a bluetooth module to enable my handsfree option.

Interior, Overall look, the drive, features, safety, and gas mileage thus far has been great compared to my Tahoe.

Upgraded CD changer, iPod Integration, Built-in bluetooth, and Touchscreen Navigation. A little more pickup at initial acceleration.

accident waiting to happen
By ron

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall the car is good, much improved over our previous 2003 ML. The steering column mounted, electronic shift however is a major problem, which MB won't or can't fix. It is easy to think you have put it in park by pushing the button, also has tendency to come out of park. My wife was run over by her ML after it failed to stay in park and rolled backwards on flat parking lot. Thus far MB has done nothing to address the problem. Since the computer drives the car it seems it would be very easy to have the computer stop the car, shut down engine or otherwise give an aggressive warning when car is in gear and door opens; the little dashboard light which currently does the job is useless.

Get rid of the steering column shift and go back to the console mechanical shift or MB is going to get people killed.