2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Stay away from the ML320
By bd2595 on 01/29/14 09:23 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I drive an older Mercedes Diesel and I have for years. I purchased this 2007 ML320 less than two years ago with just under 70,000 miles and the problems began. First, it has electrical problems and has burned out several brake lights in the two years. Then the rear hatch locking mechanism broke, over $400 to repair. Then it would not accelerate and we had it towed, there was a turbo valve issue, over $1400 to repair, then the alternator went out which required complete reprogramming of the car and was over $900. About two weeks ago just before a huge snowstorm it shredded not one but two serpentine belts. Now its in for a transmission problem. STAY AWAY these cars are junk.

the best choice
By johnmb on 01/19/13 06:29 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

For a pre-owned SUV, there is probably no vehicle available for the money that provides the overall features including impressive fuel economy, style and useful utility. This 2007 includes all of today's competitorís features that I wanted including Blue tooth, Navigation, Satellite and I-pod integration. It simply canít be beat. Overall handling is great, itís very smooth and quiet however the engine doesnít have the Ďsnapí off the line that would make it superb. I donít have much positive to say about the stalk style gear selector. Itís odd at best and in my opinion further compromises any sport feel to the interior working the controls. Also, you have to get used to putting it into Park with the only assurance being the Ďbingí sound rather than any true visual reassurance that a shift lever shows. All in all, itís a great car for a great value delivering a combination of desirable qualities.

Why?
By sicvic1 on 12/12/12 09:57 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought 2007 ML350 used, for asking price at CARY MB, 2.5 years later transmission issue. Seem to stump the mechanics, they replaced a part at 1100.00, next month same issue with transmission, now they want over $5000.00 to repair. Do not have any faith in MB or their product. Reading other writers reviews seems transmision issue should be a recall through MB.

Never Again
By mphs on 12/15/11 14:18 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

At 60K miles, tranmission failed. Cost to repair - $7 thousand dollars. Mechanic (other than dealership) opined that he did not know why MB had not recalled them. He never drives a MB made after 2004. A total piece of junk that has put me back finacially several yrs.

Love the ML, hate the expenses
By flaML320CDI on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Great car, not much to whine about. Exterior still looks great with regular care & good wax. However, at 3.5 yrs (no abusive driving) 78,000 miles transmission had to be replaced (no repair options) @ over $7,500. Changing headlight bulb $150 vs. $50 for local mechanic. Basic oil changes @ dealer $150+ on A maint, usually $500+ on B maint. Like a inkjet printer, it appears most of the profits come after the sale. Saved $$$$ with local tire store vs. dealer, oil changes also at the Jiffy Lube (just more than usual for Mobil 1).

Loving My "New to Me" ML 350!!
By Tihannah on 06/27/10 06:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 1st Mercedes and I am, so far, more than happy with my choice. I traded in my '07 Chevy Tahoe as it was nearing its Warranty end and I could hear all the clunks and bumps starting to happen. I purchased this one with 31K miles and a great warranty. The difference is amazing! I LOVE the way this vehicle looks and feels when driving. The interior feels very roomy and comfy. I'm still getting used to all the bells and whistles and how to navigate them. My only complaints are: the 6 disc CD changer~seems kinda slow and chunky and no iPod integration. Also, I have to purchase a bluetooth module to enable my handsfree option.

The BEST car ever!
By Bellad4 on 06/23/10 07:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I absolutely love my 2007 ML320CDI. Beautiful design, highly reliable, 30MPG Hwy. Stable, fun, safe, with a dealer that has been THE BEST. Get with it U.S. market and buy diesels...no smell...low noise....and terrific overall. Drives wonderfully in the mountains or on flat roads...great handling for an SUV...The ONLY problem is the darn PHONE pairing.....MB is archaic when it comes to this and it's a problem for a car of this cost...They need to get their technology package up to speed with the GM and the Japanese!.. (sorry, but true) Wonderful car with a weak spot.

Diesels are Great
By JRW on 05/03/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have owned this CDI for 4 months and love it. It is a great engine... plenty of smooth, quite power. I routinely get 23 MPG around town and up to 28 on the highway. The transmission shifts a little "truck like", but does a great job of slowing the vehicle without brakes. The cruise control is excellent, hardly ever downshifting. The interior is very nice. My biggest complaint is the finicky Bluetooth adapter that does not work with many cell phones. Diesel service costs will be higher.

Expensive Problems
By William on 02/13/10 10:36 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

This was an excellent choice for the first 18 months. It has since started to self-destruct. Driving is an adventure. Our Civic just rolls along.

As good as it gets . . .
By MT Seats on 10/30/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I'm now 2.5 years into this vehicle and it's a real keeper. Typical German performance and the diesel is simply awesome. Can't understand why anyone would settle for gasoline version of this. It performs as well as most sedans and easily pulls my 4,000 lb. boat!! Moreover, 25 miles to the gallon running at over 600 miles per tank - are you kidding me? No, I'm not.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.