Wonderful so far
By Ned on
2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
We have only had the ML for a couple of weeks, but we love it. We traded in a 2000 ML 320. In my test drive of the '06, the first place I went was to a parking lot to try it on the speed bumps. It was great! The old ML was a killer. We took the new ML on a 1600 mile trip and we got 23 MPG. It is very quiet and smooth. It is as quiet as my wife's Lexus ES 330. Our ML is silver with silver wheels. It is crying out for chromies. It has much more storage space in the rear than the old ML. I have not encountered any shifing problems so far - or any maintenance problems, but it is still pretty new. It handles really well and is powerful. The new shifter is nice once you get used to it.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable seats -front and rear. The "two stage" cruise control is a nice convenience. Great sound system - I love the Sirius satellite radio, the CD changer, iPod port, and the sub- woofer. The shift paddles on the steering wheel are very well designed.
Suggested Improvements
The clock is hard to read, even by the driver - and impossible for the passengers. The wiper control stalk is hidden by the steering wheel spoke and the rotation seems counter- intuitive to me. More leather and less plastic all around would be nice.