2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: Mixed Bag

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Review

Mixed Bag
By Eric on

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have driven luxury vehicles for years, and this is certainly not a BMW 5 series. The build quality is just not there. Having said that, it was the best value for the money I could find in a SUV. I am really impressed by the gas mileage. I am getting up to 28 on the highway and 24 in town - which I find amazing. I do have a beef with the nav system - it should be mounted on the counsel for ease of use and the knob should be larger. It also seems outdated already and the lack of voice commands is a major drawback. Yes, the transmission is also flawed and it does not want to shift up as quickly as it should. All in all, though, I am very happy with my purchase.

Turning radius, power, wood grain, lumbar support, gas mileage and great handling

Rear looking visability is limited by posts, the nav system needs to be updated and the transmission problems need to be worked out.