2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class 3.5L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Mercedes ML after one year

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Mercedes ML after one year
By David on

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The ML 350 compares favorably with my old BMW X5 in comfort and design with the following exceptions: Not as sporty a ride as the X5. BMW's just drive more like sporting cars to me than Mercedes. Lack of low-end acceleration. The X5 and ML that I had are both 6-cyl models. I haven't compared acceleration times but the Merc doesn't seem as quick. The new 6-sp transmission on the ML has a whine to it that can be annoying. The radio controls embedded within the nav screen on the ML are not intuitive. Poor positioning of the cruise control stalk. I'll be happy with the ML but not as happy as w/the X5. Can't wait for the reported development of the BMW X6!

Favorite Features

Similar to other high-end SUVs with comfortable seats and ride. While a great vehicle with beautiful styling, no one point really sticks out as outstanding. Good overall, quality package, however.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control stalk is too close to turn signal stalk. Too easy to hit cruise when reaching for turn signals. Tune the transmission to get rid of the whine. Some semblance of an exhaust note would be nice!