2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Great purchase, thrill to drive.
By Peter G. on 04/21/06 19:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Awesome car all in all. To me, a great value for the quality, style, and performance. Total thrill to drive, and it handles great. Better power than I expected. The electronics are a major part of the fun, the combination GPS, Sat radio, CD changer and single CD in dash, power tailgate all make the perfect ride quality all the more enjoyable.

Just a happy ML 350 owner
By JOSH on 04/10/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I got it back in Nov/05 and since that date I normally drive it on the weekends, smooth ride, powerful, etc. I just love it and I agree that once you drive a MB you can not drive anything else. My best friend daughter saw it and the expression was: "What a Beauty"! and ask his Dad to trade his new Ford Exp. 2007 for the new ML 350...(by the way; He did not look so happy)

Extremely Nice!
By Pamela Howard on 03/24/06 02:56 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned my new ML350 for a short time, but I can tell you that it is extremely nice. The vehicle is a smooth ride, and handles exceptionally well. The only drawback, if I must name one, is the gas mileage, but that's to be expected, being an SUV. It takes $60, roughly, to fill the tank, but it does seem to last a while. I highly recommend this vehicle for it's style, functionality, luxury, and safety features. After all, it's a Mercedes Benz! You can't, and won't go wrong here.

Nice and responsive vehicle
By STEWART on 03/21/06 11:14 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

So far so good. If you don’t mind going to the gas pump often, then you will enjoy the ML 500. Style and comfort is very good, the upgraded sound system and navigation is a must have. Lots of room for what ever you decide to put back there. The power hatch is the only thing that seems to be a concern at times. It will not shut all the way at times, so becomes a little bit challenging. Overall is expensive but let’s not forget it's Mercedes Benz.

Great Car
By Ken on 03/20/06 15:27 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The ML-350 is the best all around vehicle I have ever owned. The car is extremely well built, handles well, good power, very comfortable interior, and great gas mileage. My wife loves it so much she is trading in her Lexus GX- 470 for an ML-500. I would not hesitate to purchase another ML

We love this car!
By baj764 on 03/18/06 12:09 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is a vast improvement over previous M-Class vehicles. They were nice but not like this. The direction that MB has gone with the M, R & G Class vehicles is great. I believe that they set the standard for how a luxury SUV should be.

Mixed Bag
By Eric on 03/16/06 15:35 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have driven luxury vehicles for years, and this is certainly not a BMW 5 series. The build quality is just not there. Having said that, it was the best value for the money I could find in a SUV. I am really impressed by the gas mileage. I am getting up to 28 on the highway and 24 in town - which I find amazing. I do have a beef with the nav system - it should be mounted on the counsel for ease of use and the knob should be larger. It also seems outdated already and the lack of voice commands is a major drawback. Yes, the transmission is also flawed and it does not want to shift up as quickly as it should. All in all, though, I am very happy with my purchase.

Not what I expected!
By L Wian on 03/02/06 18:02 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Picked up my ML 350 Nov 2005. After driving 25 miles the "Check coolant level" message came up. I took it to the dealer who checked the hoses. 75 miles later the same message reappeared. The dealer said to bring it in. They found a leak in the head gasket, and the car had only 650 miles on the odometer. But the most frustrating thing is I took it in on Jan 19th. It is now March 2 and the car is still in the shop!According to the dealer all parts have to come from Germany. I am at my wits end. For a $50,000 car this is totally unacceptable! This is Mercedes reliabilty for you!

Mercedes should add more optons
By Fay on 02/22/06 10:29 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I own two Mercedes trucks. One 2001 ML430 and a 2006 ML350.The ML430 came with more options like a giant sunroof(sky view top),it came with a designer colors option, heated seats came standard, navigation came standard, the Ml430 is slightly smaller but still came with a 3rd row seat package(Ml350 didnt)it also came with a safe under the passenger's seat. I think Mercedes need's to bring back those options and come up with more because Mercedes-Benz is suppose to be extraordinary mine looks extrodinary on they outside but it's really ordinary under it's flashy outside and Mercedes-Benz logo's.

Got it right in 2006
By mlarocco on 02/17/06 14:32 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my 2006 ML350 in November '05 and so far I'm very pleased. Love the look and feel; performance is excellent. Gas mileage not bad for its class. MB finally got it right with ML series in '06.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.