Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

My first Mercedes
By Paul

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

You get what you pay for. This vehicle is solid while comfortable and quiet. Rides like a car, great in the snow and rain. Smooth on the highway and delicate around town. Beautiful lines outside and in. A real value for the money. I told my accountant I was looking to buy a car and considering either a Toyota or a Mercedes. "Thats quite a difference" he said. Not really, any idea what the base price for a land cruiser is? $54k! The Mercedes was 10 less. I know 8 vs 6 cyl and whatever but... Even take the Highlander and compare it with the same accessories and you are paying pretty close to what your paying for a Mercedes. Go for the MBZ

DVD navigation and all controls on the wheel

Centrally locate a digital clock on the dash

Jims ML Mercedes
By JIM

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I really like this vehicle. It is more than I expected. It runs like a dream, drives wonderful, and the seats are outstanding. Workmanship is excellent both exterior and interior. I only wish it was 5 inches wider in the luggage compartment so golf clubs would fit sideways. I even hauled a large piece of furniture from Penn to VA Would consider buying another or its counter part the R350 wagon.

The ride and safety of the vehicle

The cargo compartment needs to be 5 inches wider so golf club will fit sideways instead of having to put them in on an angle. This is inconvenient for a golfer.

A horriible let down
By a horrible let down

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We purchased our car in 10/05. We were absolutely thrilled. Three months later my car broke down in the middle lane on the highway. Every light came on inside and the care died. It was the engine. The dealer replaced the engine after having my car in the shop for two weeks. A month later there was a nick in the transmission which required another stay in the shop. 3 months later two recalls were fixed. This car was a horrible let down. You can hear and feel the car shift gears. We are actually looking for another car to buy. I have two kids and it does not offer the reliability that a mom would feel comfortable driving. It was truly a let down.

Interior is nice with a lot of trunk space

The car

ML 350
By RC

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Not quite as nice as our previous 2003 E320 on the interior, but I guess we could have gone into the ML 500 and had the same options for a higher price. Fuel economy is good for a 4wd vehicle (24 mpg on Hwy between 65 mph and 70) Ground clearance is good and the 4wd has been quite handy as we go out to undeveloped land frequently where there is no paved road.

Ground clearance, turning radius, easy to park.

More Comfortble Than The E-Class
By syed ali

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded my 2003 E-320 for the new ML and I immediately noticed that this SUV rides better than the E!

I love the new Touch gear shifter.

Engine noise on the idle could be improved.