2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
The Best SUV ever
By Rob on 06/22/06 19:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am so happy with the purchase of my ML 350. It is so comfortable and quiet. It offers wonderful performance and and bank vault-like structure. My old car was a 2003 BMW 545. I was a afraid that because it is an SUV it wouldn't be able to cruise like my Bimmer did. After owning it for a couple weeks all my worries drifted away. My ML 350 feels faster and more willing to go fast than my Bimmer did.

Superb SUV
By Kim on 06/22/06 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought the AMG Package. Handling is tight and hugs road. Appearance is sporty and looks beefy. Interior is very spacious and all controls are easy to reach. Seats are very comfortable. Couldn't ask for a better car! 10 rating all around!

Not for this BMW lover
By boop on 06/17/06 18:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

First: sloppy tranny. The gear changes are very jumpy and noticable by passengers. On hill, I can floor the accelerator and get little to no power. The dealership, saw it twice, & states the tranny is fine. Take your foot off the gas and it downshifts noticibly, all by itself. It does not hold tight curves or the road on bumpy surfaces, very scary. Drives like an expensive Blazer! The Nav system is one of the most complicated I have seen. This is no X5I Question the skills of anyone calling him/herself an avid driver, if they say they like this vehicle. There is one positive, It is sending me right back to the wonderful skilled machinery of BMW for the rest of my life

Is it a girly SUV?
By Dr. Van on 06/16/06 16:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a choice between a RR sport, Infiniti QX56, and the ML. Benz was the best choice. It looked small from the outside, but once I got behind the wheel, I don't know what they did to the windshield or dash but, boy it is roomy. Thought it was a girly SUV, as most were driven by women, so I had to go with the AMG package, and I can say that was the best thing ever. It's been a week and 3 days since I've owned it and I can tell you that I am the talk of my block. AMG is the way to go if you are a guy(I have yet to see an other AMG out there), and make sure you add some 22" rims as the only exterior accessory. Now that is a Manly Macho ride. I love it. As an intro to luxury SUV, this is it.

Love it
By lms on 06/12/06 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Improved look of the vehicle over the previous models. The handling is great especially in difficult weather. Inside, enjoy lumbar support, seats, and spacious cargo. Great power with the V8 in our hilly community both freeways and city drives. Finally feeling safe and comfortable during commutes. Excellent car. Needs some cosmetic work inside. Too much plastic but if you choose less options, you get what you pay for.

Looking Forward
By ngb3 on 06/02/06 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Can't wait for the turbo-diesel variant. Great vehicle. Best I've ever owned. Best Aspect : Ride/Drive quality. Driver's position excellent to adapt to any driver. After 6 hour drive, feel like you've only driven 1 hour. Economy - 21 at highway speeds. Good for an SUV Worst Aspect : Eats tires. 25k and had to replace all 4. Needs a full size spare mounted beneath vehicle instead of space saver in trunk

2006 ML350
By jdgreav es on 05/20/06 03:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This model is much improved over the 2004 ML350 that I previously owned. This is my 5th ML and is far superior to previous models.

Great SUV!
By spikeya4 on 05/01/06 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Having heard some initial horror stories about reliability, there was a tinge of nervousness mixed into all of the excitement of the new car. I had the ML350 built-to-order and waited over three months for its arrival. Since that point I can tell you it was worth the wait and the reliability has been outstanding! This SUV is solid both inside and out and my only problem was that the power lift gate would not seal (which was fixed promptly). I am very impressed with the quality and appeal of this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone in the midsize SUV arena, it far surpasses anything from BMW/Lexus/Volvo, etc.

Huge Improvement!
By Herb on 04/30/06 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Traded a very reliable and fun to drive 2003 ML500 for 2006 ML500 fully loaded. This car with air-suspension is truly an AWD sports/luxury car. From styling to features from the S- class, it finally looks and acts like a true Benz. I love this vehicle and look for excuses just to drive it. Although nav system is better - it should be voice activated. I also agree the clock needs a center location for others to see. The 7- speed is awesome! Well worth waiting for the special order as the upgraded seats are incredible as is the Harmon Kardon sound system. At 4,200 miles no defects,failures, or disappointments.

Excellent!
By Luis on 04/30/06 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my E-430 with may more hp's but I am extremely happy with the handling of this SUV. In terms of gas mileage, it beats other SUV's thanks to its superb 7 gears. Still it packs enough power to reach 130mph and the handling at that speed is surprisingly good.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.