2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
The Best SUV ever
By LouSand on 09/11/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have been driving all kinds of SUV's, but this one it has to be one of the best out there. I am very impressed with how it handles. It corners nicely, and I feel very save when I'm out with my family on the weekends.

Great SUV
By GREAT SUV on 09/06/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After riding in the Lexus and BMW, this was the best and most fun to drive. It just says luxury. The controls could be better positioned, but overall its a great buy for the price.

Many Problems
By Bill on 08/23/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had to have the whole engine replaced after 5 trips to the dealer for excess oil useage. Exterior lights burn out. Now major problem with transmission which will not upshift and very jerky. Probably been in the shop a total of 30+ days with other problems

Mercedes ML after one year
By David on 08/01/06 12:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The ML 350 compares favorably with my old BMW X5 in comfort and design with the following exceptions: Not as sporty a ride as the X5. BMW's just drive more like sporting cars to me than Mercedes. Lack of low-end acceleration. The X5 and ML that I had are both 6-cyl models. I haven't compared acceleration times but the Merc doesn't seem as quick. The new 6-sp transmission on the ML has a whine to it that can be annoying. The radio controls embedded within the nav screen on the ML are not intuitive. Poor positioning of the cruise control stalk. I'll be happy with the ML but not as happy as w/the X5. Can't wait for the reported development of the BMW X6!

ML350 thoughts
By bee on 07/31/06 18:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Previously owned a CLK320, the ML handling is of course not as quick as a tiny CLK, (I guess a small car will beat a large car every time in the curves) however it feels more luxurious and has plenty of power. Gas mileage is one third less than the CLK, seems like I'm putting gas in it constantly. Best car I ever owned but has more quality issues that the CLK. Hood was not on properly. rug on passenger side not under door frame properly. gas cover came off while I was just washing the car. Little things were problems.

Disappointed Buyer
By Jez on 07/26/06 23:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

A few months after purchasing my vehicle the air bag light came on. The problem was fixed but another problem came up. The coolant level indicator appeared. Recently, the car has been brought in for steering bearing problems and the transmission jerks. The steering bearing, computer module, and transmission valve has been replaced. But the car still jerks. I have brought the car in for this problem 4 times. Now they are telling me that the jerking is normal. I've never driven a car that jerks so I don't think it's normal. I'm so disappointed that I bought a Mercedes and it turned out to be a piece of crap. I thought Mercedes makes good quality cars that's why it's so expensive.

The Best ML 500 ever
By Louis on 07/10/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I had a 2002 BMW X5 4.4 and it was a nice SUV, but it doesn't compare to this new ML500. The quality of the ride, the comfort, performance and fun to drive. We love the changes that were made to the styling of the new ML.

Safe and Secure
By mvs2006 on 07/03/06 20:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After looking at the Lexus RX, we found that the ML was more spacious, a solid drive and safer car. it's an elegant SUV that has great safety ratings (Five stars). it would be close to perfect with a better NAV system, a backup view camera and genuine wood trim. Fun to drive.

Robust Alternative to the RX
By john on 06/28/06 20:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The revamped ML is a very good looking SUV. Interior is very well sorted out, trunk is best in class. Seats are firm and supportive. Driven for 6 weeks and no problems. Gas mileage varies 17-20 most of the time. Huge tank gives a nice range. Power liftgate is a great option. Controls more complicated than the Japanese, but, this SUV feels safe as a tank. Good sight lines around the vehicle, seating position is excellent. Well done!

The Best SUV ever
By Rob on 06/22/06 19:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am so happy with the purchase of my ML 350. It is so comfortable and quiet. It offers wonderful performance and and bank vault-like structure. My old car was a 2003 BMW 545. I was a afraid that because it is an SUV it wouldn't be able to cruise like my Bimmer did. After owning it for a couple weeks all my worries drifted away. My ML 350 feels faster and more willing to go fast than my Bimmer did.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.