2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
A horriible let down
By a horrible let down on 01/23/07 15:49 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We purchased our car in 10/05. We were absolutely thrilled. Three months later my car broke down in the middle lane on the highway. Every light came on inside and the care died. It was the engine. The dealer replaced the engine after having my car in the shop for two weeks. A month later there was a nick in the transmission which required another stay in the shop. 3 months later two recalls were fixed. This car was a horrible let down. You can hear and feel the car shift gears. We are actually looking for another car to buy. I have two kids and it does not offer the reliability that a mom would feel comfortable driving. It was truly a let down.

ML 350
By RC on 12/31/06 06:59 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Not quite as nice as our previous 2003 E320 on the interior, but I guess we could have gone into the ML 500 and had the same options for a higher price. Fuel economy is good for a 4wd vehicle (24 mpg on Hwy between 65 mph and 70) Ground clearance is good and the 4wd has been quite handy as we go out to undeveloped land frequently where there is no paved road.

More Comfortble Than The E-Class
By syed ali on 12/27/06 22:15 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded my 2003 E-320 for the new ML and I immediately noticed that this SUV rides better than the E!

Solid
By bi on 12/25/06 10:04 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Very solid mechanics and luxury features. Terrific pick up and passing abilities. Truly quiet ride. CR blew the call on this one.

Very Underrated
By J Champagne on 12/09/06 06:50 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We drove our new ML-350 from Florida to Oregon and back for 8,000 miles only a month after purchasing it. It handled beautifully in the desert, in the mountains at 9,000 feet and in snow in Nevada. Then we returned home to see a poor rating on the M-class published by Consumer Reports. Unbelievable! We have lost immense respect for CR for a long, long time. And we love our ML-350.

Family Car??
By Hercedes on 12/05/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

We have had this vehicle for just over a year. Overall we are happy with it with the exception of a few things. The biggest issue we have is rear seating for kids. Many of us buy these vehicles because of its safety and frankly it rates phenomenal at the tests.The issue we have is with 2 small children(6 & 8) leg room is non existent due to us having to move our seat back (6 ft 2) but their legs do not hang over the seat. Parents may want to keep this in mind. Service at MB is horrid here in South Florida.The car is a canon, feels safe, turns on a dime, overtakes with no hesitation, turns heads, again it is safe. I would certainly recommend this vehicle to any of you.

My Mercedes
By Ramon on 12/04/06 17:30 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The driving is very smooth, it handles exceptionally well. I love the design a lot. I enjoy the stereo system and the electrical features. The trunk space is enormous and the advantage of moving the rear seats are an A plus.

2006 ML350 - excellent SUV
By Dan Crick on 11/30/06 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The 2006 ML 350 has more than enough power especially when bolted to the 7 speed automatic transmission. I do not know why anyone would purchase the ML500 after driving the ML350. Acceleration is adequate to any task short of the drag strip. The car is extremely quiet even at high speeds. The Harmon Kardon stereo is the best factory set-up I have heard and is significantly better than the Bose systems I have had. I do not like the cruise control stalk as it is too close to the turn signal stalk. You must also pay close attention to options as they can be confusing. Overall an excellent SUV and MB provides lifetime roadside assistance at no additional cost!

Lemonaid?
By TexanTrue on 11/18/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great looks and comfort, but in one year has been in the shop 4 times for a total of a month with all kinds of mechanical and electrical troubles. New steering rack, new rear suspension, rear deck closer, thumping into downshift at stops in tranny (numerous software updates), a 6- year old Navigation DVD supplied making Navigation system useless, rattles in body. Pages and pages of campaigns to fix mistakes in build each time I bring it in, but at least they fix it free and give a nice M-B loan car. But when it's working, its a dream, and I'll buy the new Diesel ML-320 CDI version soon.

ML 350
By notrelatedto on 11/08/06 13:19 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded an '04 Tahoe in April for the ML 350. Drive 100 miles a day and have put 19k miles on it since purchase to include a trip from Texas to New York and back. MPG runs 21 for my commute and during the road trip averaged 23.5 mpg (off the computer) at 75 mph. I find it very comfortable as I am 6-3 and 235 lbs. The handling is superb and is quick enough to move when needed. I tow an 18.5 ft ski boat with no effort. I have had zero mechanical or electrical problems. I have read in previous reviews about the quirky transmission and can feel it at low speed (10 mph or less) accelerate and stop situations, but do not find it to be an issue.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.