2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Buy extended warranty, maintainence$$$
By don on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Dealership charges $600 for glorified oil change (schedule C). Have had for 4 yrs only about 7000 mi/yr. Now my warranty is up- last month. Only 28,000 mi., I have had numerous transmission problems, only the Mercedes dealership will take care of it. Have spent over $5000 since warranty out.

Happy Owner
By soccermom on 05/22/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The 2006 Mercedes Benz ML550 is a huge step up from the 2006 Mercedes Benz ML350. At less than 1 mpg difference than the 350 the 550 is definitely the king of the road. Buy the ML550 over the ML350 (if you can find one) and you'll be a whole lot happier.

Great SUV and MPG
By gemesq on 04/13/10 15:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am not sure why this SUV is listed as 16 mpg. I regularly get 22-24 miles per gallon on the freeway and around 18 mpg in town. For an SUV, you can't ask for better. We bought this SUV used and have loved it ever since. I coveted this new model when it came out in 2006 and wanted one then. This is a safe, fun to drive SUV with all the necessary luxury items a driver could want. I agree with other reviewers that it seems louder on the highway, but I was driving a passenger sedan before and from what I have heard, all SUVs are louder on the highway, including the Lexus which prides itself on being super quiet. Overall, a great SUV.

THE BIG LET DOWN
By james on 08/21/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is a big let down we are so done with this car, the transmission makes so much noise the shifter is in a bad position, the loud noise from the engine, we have had the car serviced so many times trying to find out about the engine problem, slipping of the transmission. Our 98 ml320 gave us no problems, we should have kept it with 135k miles, sadly disappointed

Awesome SUV
By John on 06/11/09 19:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've had this car for over 3 years and I love the car - the way it handles and performs. Also, it's built so well, I feel so safe driving it. I've owned Japanese SUV's in the past, but it's no comparison. I will never go back Lexus or Acura

Extremely disappointed
By Verydisappointed on 04/20/09 06:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought the first car of this new Model in 2005 and it has been hell ever since. At some point the dealership offered to give me a new car for additional 15k -- I bought the car cash hoping not to worry about buying a car for a long while. I have the ML320, 99 and it has worked very well for us, so I assumed this would be the same. To start, when the roads are wet or there is a little wind the car feels like it is being blown off the road and I have had this since day one, initially they told me that it might be the tires, but that wasn't it. The car has had so many problems that, at one point it spent 36 days at the dealership and they still couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

They could have done better
By ML 350 on 12/30/08 02:50 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I want to love Mercedes but they always go wrong. Mechanically is where this car falls. $310 for an normal service is way too much and cost for other small repairs are ridiculous like $20 for a new key battery. We only have about 40,000 miles on ours and every morning on a cold start there is a clicking noise coming from under the car. Also the steering vibrates a little on the highway and shakes when your ride over a pothole.

My First Benz Is Awesome!
By Benz-e on 12/03/08 15:14 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love my 1st Benz. AWD is great, leather is plush. I feel safe in it and it's the perfect car for the canadian winters. 1 problem though. My sunroof cracked during a heavy rain storm [luckily I was in a partly covered parking stall] water dripped into my plush leather. MB should use stronger sunroof glass to prevent $1500 for a new sunroof glass.other wise I love It!

Nice Car
By gkstone39 on 10/05/08 06:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Terrific all around vehicle. Very reliable, as I never had to bring it in for service other than regular scheduled service.

Great ML350
By Brad on 07/29/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife drives this car day in and day out and just loves it. Previously had a 2001 ML320, this car is a huge improvement in ride and overall quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.