Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Superb SUV
By Kim

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought the AMG Package. Handling is tight and hugs road. Appearance is sporty and looks beefy. Interior is very spacious and all controls are easy to reach. Seats are very comfortable. Couldn't ask for a better car! 10 rating all around!

Appearance! Handling!

Can't think of anything.

Not for this BMW lover
By boop

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

First: sloppy tranny. The gear changes are very jumpy and noticable by passengers. On hill, I can floor the accelerator and get little to no power. The dealership, saw it twice, & states the tranny is fine. Take your foot off the gas and it downshifts noticibly, all by itself. It does not hold tight curves or the road on bumpy surfaces, very scary. Drives like an expensive Blazer! The Nav system is one of the most complicated I have seen. This is no X5I Question the skills of anyone calling him/herself an avid driver, if they say they like this vehicle. There is one positive, It is sending me right back to the wonderful skilled machinery of BMW for the rest of my life

It is a very comfortable seat.

Tighten up the stearing. Get a bigger tranny...or fix it. I don't know...copy BMW... then you'll have a winner. Get rid of that press button nav system.

Is it a girly SUV?
By Dr. Van

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a choice between a RR sport, Infiniti QX56, and the ML. Benz was the best choice. It looked small from the outside, but once I got behind the wheel, I don't know what they did to the windshield or dash but, boy it is roomy. Thought it was a girly SUV, as most were driven by women, so I had to go with the AMG package, and I can say that was the best thing ever. It's been a week and 3 days since I've owned it and I can tell you that I am the talk of my block. AMG is the way to go if you are a guy(I have yet to see an other AMG out there), and make sure you add some 22" rims as the only exterior accessory. Now that is a Manly Macho ride. I love it. As an intro to luxury SUV, this is it.

The lighting package is WOW, so many options there. The handling is great, I have to watch myself as I get to the upper 60s in a snap. Acceleration very smooth. You have yet to remember that you are in an SUV as the comfort is to be expected out of a Mercedes.

The air suspension should have been standard. This is what I am missing.

Love it
By lms

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Improved look of the vehicle over the previous models. The handling is great especially in difficult weather. Inside, enjoy lumbar support, seats, and spacious cargo. Great power with the V8 in our hilly community both freeways and city drives. Finally feeling safe and comfortable during commutes. Excellent car. Needs some cosmetic work inside. Too much plastic but if you choose less options, you get what you pay for.

The drive is great. Comfortable for adult passengers. Enjoy three level heated seats, lumbar support, controlled speed when driving down steep hills, keeps the work off the brakes. Rain delay is a treat.

Display panel often obscured by the steering wheel, speeds, time, etc. Navigation really needs to be updated especially when spending so much for the option. Occassional rough transmission speed changes but not reported when taken in for service B checkup. Gas mileage attrocious but expected.

Looking Forward
By ngb3

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Can't wait for the turbo-diesel variant. Great vehicle. Best I've ever owned. Best Aspect : Ride/Drive quality. Driver's position excellent to adapt to any driver. After 6 hour drive, feel like you've only driven 1 hour. Economy - 21 at highway speeds. Good for an SUV Worst Aspect : Eats tires. 25k and had to replace all 4. Needs a full size spare mounted beneath vehicle instead of space saver in trunk

Driving position. Clarity of instrumentation. Sound system. Handling exceptional. Emergency braking system superb.

Bluetooth as standard. Geabox a little clunky in city traffic

• SUV