Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Robust Alternative to the RX
By john

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The revamped ML is a very good looking SUV. Interior is very well sorted out, trunk is best in class. Seats are firm and supportive. Driven for 6 weeks and no problems. Gas mileage varies 17-20 most of the time. Huge tank gives a nice range. Power liftgate is a great option. Controls more complicated than the Japanese, but, this SUV feels safe as a tank. Good sight lines around the vehicle, seating position is excellent. Well done!

Power liftgate, wheel audio controls, large center console, huge trunk! Exterior design is a class leader. Engine and brakes feel strong.

Have the nav system, but, an integrated back-up camera would be nice (miss this from my FX that I turned in). Tranny is a bit unconventional to operate. Move the clock to center stack so others can see it.

The Best SUV ever
By Rob

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am so happy with the purchase of my ML 350. It is so comfortable and quiet. It offers wonderful performance and and bank vault-like structure. My old car was a 2003 BMW 545. I was a afraid that because it is an SUV it wouldn't be able to cruise like my Bimmer did. After owning it for a couple weeks all my worries drifted away. My ML 350 feels faster and more willing to go fast than my Bimmer did.

Great powertrain. Awsome seats in the front and rear. It is really quiet. Solid feel.

None

Superb SUV
By Kim

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought the AMG Package. Handling is tight and hugs road. Appearance is sporty and looks beefy. Interior is very spacious and all controls are easy to reach. Seats are very comfortable. Couldn't ask for a better car! 10 rating all around!

Appearance! Handling!

Can't think of anything.

Not for this BMW lover
By boop

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

First: sloppy tranny. The gear changes are very jumpy and noticable by passengers. On hill, I can floor the accelerator and get little to no power. The dealership, saw it twice, & states the tranny is fine. Take your foot off the gas and it downshifts noticibly, all by itself. It does not hold tight curves or the road on bumpy surfaces, very scary. Drives like an expensive Blazer! The Nav system is one of the most complicated I have seen. This is no X5I Question the skills of anyone calling him/herself an avid driver, if they say they like this vehicle. There is one positive, It is sending me right back to the wonderful skilled machinery of BMW for the rest of my life

It is a very comfortable seat.

Tighten up the stearing. Get a bigger tranny...or fix it. I don't know...copy BMW... then you'll have a winner. Get rid of that press button nav system.

Is it a girly SUV?
By Dr. Van

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a choice between a RR sport, Infiniti QX56, and the ML. Benz was the best choice. It looked small from the outside, but once I got behind the wheel, I don't know what they did to the windshield or dash but, boy it is roomy. Thought it was a girly SUV, as most were driven by women, so I had to go with the AMG package, and I can say that was the best thing ever. It's been a week and 3 days since I've owned it and I can tell you that I am the talk of my block. AMG is the way to go if you are a guy(I have yet to see an other AMG out there), and make sure you add some 22" rims as the only exterior accessory. Now that is a Manly Macho ride. I love it. As an intro to luxury SUV, this is it.

The lighting package is WOW, so many options there. The handling is great, I have to watch myself as I get to the upper 60s in a snap. Acceleration very smooth. You have yet to remember that you are in an SUV as the comfort is to be expected out of a Mercedes.

The air suspension should have been standard. This is what I am missing.