2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
2006 ML350
By rika01 on 10/18/05 07:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought the car in May 05 and returned it within a week due to transmission problems at low speed. When in traffic there is a loud bang when upshifting or downshifting between first and second gears. I received the following comments from the dealer: 1. The vehicle is operating within normal limits 2. The vehicle has to adapt to the driving pattern of the particular driver and has a "memory" that can only be reset if the car is driven from 80mph to 0mph without braking and coming to a complete stop. 3. The vehicle needs software updates. After the 6th return I made a huge stink and they replaced the transmission. So far everything seems to be ok but I no longer have confidence in MB.

FANTASTIC
By FANTASTIC!!! on 10/08/05 13:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I traded in my 2004 Escalade because I was tired of driving a big truck everyday. This is my 9th Benz and compares great to my 2005 S500. Although smaller than the Escalade, I have more features.(my ML500 is loaded with every option available including the phone) Only problem so far is that I need a new air pump for the air suspension feature. I'm told this had been a problem in some of the 2006 models. Overall, I would highly recommend. I'm avid Benz driver and Benz got it right on the 2006 ML500.

My new ML
By TD on 10/04/05 06:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great SUV, value considering the price of competition. Solid, strong, responsive and nice updated styling. Get it, you won't be sorry.

Great car BAD nav
By Xero on 10/01/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

First time owning a MB and comming from a long line of Infiniti's I love this SUV. Handles great w/ the Air suspension. But next to my partner's M35 the NAV on my MB is the worst I've seen yet. It cant find half the things your looking for and then it sometimes puts you in the wrong area. It seems Germans know how to make a fine ride but when it comes to technology, the Japanese have the upper hand. Id love to see some Japanese technology integrated in here.

I love this SUV!
By GARY O'BRIEN on 09/04/05 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I test drove the BMW and Lexus SUV's and the Mercedes won hands down. I would never have bought this if it wasn't for the new design. I think the 2005 and prior models were very unattractive.

You gotta love what you drive
By FLOYDinLA on 08/17/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I used to drive a Corolla so when my wife and I planned to look for a second car we did a little research. I was opting for the new 3 series from BMW, but the minute we saw the ML, wow! Everytime I get close to the car, I can't help but stare at it. Gas mileage... who cares about gas mileage? It doesn't even matter, it was just too fun to drive. The looks, it's #1, no complaints. Build quality, you can't compare to anything. Everytime I get in and out of my car only one thing comes to mind "YOU GOTTA LOVE WHAT YOU DRIVE."

Unhappy with 2006 Mercedes ML500
By mseriesqualityproble on 08/12/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After 8 days of happy ownership and only 200 miles, our ML500 had serious transmission problems, couldn't be driven and it spent the next 4 days in the dealers shop. All this, after waiting an extra 2 months for delivery so "Mercedes could be sure of no quality problems". This was our departure from 15 years of owning Lexus...and we are going back to Lexus. It is a shame because the car is a beauty and rides incredibly well. Too bad the Germans have forgotten how to design and manufacture a car for reliability. By the way, the Mercedes navigation compared to Lexus is far inferior....Lexus makes it so easy to use. When your emotion grabs you to go for style...think quality/reliability.

One of the best in the class.
By Peter on 08/07/05 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Compared to the previous years model, the redesigned 2006 model is more stable on the road, has better suspension, and perfect acceleration in this line of SUVs. Test drove Infiniti, BMW, Acura. ML is by far better in pretty much any of the categories - road and curve handling, braking, acceleration. Fun to drive.

My first MBZ
By LISA JAMES on 08/06/05 01:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car. Itís my first Mercedes Benz. I had a 2001 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, and words cannot even describe the difference. I'm in love, and so glad I waited. I never liked the previous body style, but this one is sleek, smooth, and beautiful. So many heads are turning when I glide by people. Don't see many on the street in Los Angeles though.

Got mine a week after they hit the road
By stan on 08/05/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love it. Handling is amazing.The whole feel of the car, and I say car, feels so much better then the old ML. Go out and get one!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.