Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Mercedes ML after one year
By David

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The ML 350 compares favorably with my old BMW X5 in comfort and design with the following exceptions: Not as sporty a ride as the X5. BMW's just drive more like sporting cars to me than Mercedes. Lack of low-end acceleration. The X5 and ML that I had are both 6-cyl models. I haven't compared acceleration times but the Merc doesn't seem as quick. The new 6-sp transmission on the ML has a whine to it that can be annoying. The radio controls embedded within the nav screen on the ML are not intuitive. Poor positioning of the cruise control stalk. I'll be happy with the ML but not as happy as w/the X5. Can't wait for the reported development of the BMW X6!

Favorite Features

Similar to other high-end SUVs with comfortable seats and ride. While a great vehicle with beautiful styling, no one point really sticks out as outstanding. Good overall, quality package, however.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control stalk is too close to turn signal stalk. Too easy to hit cruise when reaching for turn signals. Tune the transmission to get rid of the whine. Some semblance of an exhaust note would be nice!

ML350 thoughts
By bee

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Previously owned a CLK320, the ML handling is of course not as quick as a tiny CLK, (I guess a small car will beat a large car every time in the curves) however it feels more luxurious and has plenty of power. Gas mileage is one third less than the CLK, seems like I'm putting gas in it constantly. Best car I ever owned but has more quality issues that the CLK. Hood was not on properly. rug on passenger side not under door frame properly. gas cover came off while I was just washing the car. Little things were problems.

Favorite Features

Auto tailgate is a must. It's a great feature.

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes still needs to work on build quality and reliability.

Disappointed Buyer
By Jez

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

A few months after purchasing my vehicle the air bag light came on. The problem was fixed but another problem came up. The coolant level indicator appeared. Recently, the car has been brought in for steering bearing problems and the transmission jerks. The steering bearing, computer module, and transmission valve has been replaced. But the car still jerks. I have brought the car in for this problem 4 times. Now they are telling me that the jerking is normal. I've never driven a car that jerks so I don't think it's normal. I'm so disappointed that I bought a Mercedes and it turned out to be a piece of crap. I thought Mercedes makes good quality cars that's why it's so expensive.

Suggested Improvements

Everything!

The Best ML 500 ever
By Louis

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I had a 2002 BMW X5 4.4 and it was a nice SUV, but it doesn't compare to this new ML500. The quality of the ride, the comfort, performance and fun to drive. We love the changes that were made to the styling of the new ML.

Favorite Features

Ipod, navigation, keyless go and more.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, but then again it is an SUV.

Safe and Secure
By mvs2006

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After looking at the Lexus RX, we found that the ML was more spacious, a solid drive and safer car. it's an elegant SUV that has great safety ratings (Five stars). it would be close to perfect with a better NAV system, a backup view camera and genuine wood trim. Fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The drive, safety rating and features, elegant interior and nice new redesigned exterior

Suggested Improvements

More user friendly NAV system, place to put sunglasses, backup view camera, genuine wood trim. no need for so many ash trays - should be replaced with cup holders in the back and a place to put coins.