2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Best SUV I have ever driven
By Ray Gerbi on 11/22/05 02:21 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had my ML350 for 4 months now, and have driven on a couple of extended trips during that time. As well as it drives, it looks even better. Folks really check it out when I drive by! The handling is superb, and it is a very quick, comfortable machine to drive. I thought the 20.5 mpg on the highway was a tad low, but, I do have a tendency to drive a bit faster than a good speed for economical driving. My wife loves to drive the suv, and she says she feels very safe and comfortable in it. I am 67 and I have had my share of luxury vehicles. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for the safety and practicality of an SUV, and the comfort of a luxury car.

Love my M350L
By Tiffany on 11/20/05 10:17 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I went from a Navigator to the M- Class. I love the handling of this SUV because it feels like a car. It has tight handling and you should check out the lean when driving in a curve. It has all the luxurious that say "Mercedes" but is also fun to drive. The new body style is sportier and doesn't look like a minivan. It is an SUV I plan to keep for a while.

A mixed review
By alan j. reis, m.d. on 11/14/05 10:36 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The vehicle was ordered with a factory installed towing package. It was forgotten by the factory and can not be added post-market. It also mated with the Mercedes bicycle rack. This was a real bummer. The dealership said this was a fairly common factory problem. Not great for the Alabama Mercedes Quality Control. While I was offered a few sweeteners to take a vehicle without the towing package, it ended up leaving a somewhat sour taste in my mouth. I have contacted Germany to see if more can be done. I thought they were really committed to getting the US factory bugs worked out. The center console opens in two different ways and the latch sticks. That is a minor concern.

Best SUV
By Faisal Farooq on 11/07/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Great SUV. Traded in 2003 Escalade ESV for ML500. Had test driven Range Rover Sport HSE, BMW X5 4.4 and Porsche Cayenne S, but ML500 is the best. Great Style, quality and faster than all of its competitors. 0-60 mph for ML500 is 6.7 sec. (X5 4.4 - 6.8, Porsche Cayenne S - 6.9, Range Rover Sport Super Charged - 7.3 (HSE - 8.2))

KING OF SUV'S
By Adam on 11/04/05 02:37 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car when it first came out and I loved it. but after a month something went wrong with the airmatic so I had to return it for a new one. I just love the ML i got it's fully loaded with everything and i think it is just great. This is the King of SUV's.

Beautiful In All Ways
By Beth M. on 11/03/05 15:31 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I did my research before buying my ML350. I love it! It's beautiful and rides like a dream. I'm on the road a lot and needed a comfortable ride. I am also tall, so it was important that there was great leg and head room. It runs great! Absolutely no complaints. The controls and gadgets inside are designed with a lot of thought to detail. It's a fun SUV to drive and I would recommend it above the competition any day. Drive one today if you are looking for beauty inside and out, you won't be sorry.

Sweet Machine!
By Bill on 10/29/05 15:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The ML 350 is deserving of all the accolades it has received so far. This SUV rides like a dream! It is quiet and comfortable with plenty of power. The stereo has theatre like sound that makes you hate to wanna turn it off. If you want a great ride at an affordable price, the ML 350 should be at the top of your list.

Ed`s review
By ed on 10/27/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Had an old Ml320 for 5 years and like it. This one is a far better car , drives better , looks better and has all this bells and whistles. It doesn`t drive like a SUV anymore. High quality vehicle.

Not bad
By David K on 10/22/05 00:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My first MB. Has rough downshift from 2nd to 1st gear. Acceleration gets better after 500+ miles. One day after a heavy rain, the CD player failed to eject the CD and displayed "no CD" in the unit and I had to use a plier to pull it out. The rear door also failed to open at the same time.

Needs a little work.
By J. Bartolema on 10/19/05 04:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After driving this vehicle with a slipping transmission and screeching brakes for the last 4 months along with 5 trips to the dealership I think MB needs to work out the kinks. Although, when it does work, it performs beautifully. I just hope Mercedes starts making them a little better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.