Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Excellent Car
By Mercedes Benze

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is the best car I have owned, after 23 cars. It is comfortable, smooth riding, and powerful.The interior design is excellent. The car is very quiet, and the seats are extremely supportive The whole family likes the car.

The seats, the style, the quiet ride

Bigger outside mirrors. A place to hold the manual

Not Recommended
By ChicagoScott

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had this vehicle in to the service department for jerking transmission problems six times at two different dealerships. They claim it is a known problem and that there is a "software upgrade" coming from MB Corporate. The service experience and the lack of solution makes this my first and last Mercedes purchase. Too bad because we really liked the vehicle. Also, the check coolant light is on constantly. They told us it was an "electrical problem" and didn't fix it. The sunroof will not close unless you hit button two to three times due to a sensor problem.

Satellite radio, stereo, power tailgate

A vehicle that will function as advertised

Wonderful so far
By Ned

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We have only had the ML for a couple of weeks, but we love it. We traded in a 2000 ML 320. In my test drive of the '06, the first place I went was to a parking lot to try it on the speed bumps. It was great! The old ML was a killer. We took the new ML on a 1600 mile trip and we got 23 MPG. It is very quiet and smooth. It is as quiet as my wife's Lexus ES 330. Our ML is silver with silver wheels. It is crying out for chromies. It has much more storage space in the rear than the old ML. I have not encountered any shifing problems so far - or any maintenance problems, but it is still pretty new. It handles really well and is powerful. The new shifter is nice once you get used to it.

Very comfortable seats -front and rear. The "two stage" cruise control is a nice convenience. Great sound system - I love the Sirius satellite radio, the CD changer, iPod port, and the sub- woofer. The shift paddles on the steering wheel are very well designed.

The clock is hard to read, even by the driver - and impossible for the passengers. The wiper control stalk is hidden by the steering wheel spoke and the rotation seems counter- intuitive to me. More leather and less plastic all around would be nice.

John's review
By johngroskopf33

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This vehicle has the best heating and air-conditioning system I have ever experienced. The optional three zone system with infared glass makes it really comfortale in the sun. The car handles very well, the speed-variable steering is a very important standard option. The optional parktronic system makes it very easy to get into the garage each day without parking by "brail". The seats are very comfortable, they allow you to drive for long distances without the normal "back-ache". It is not the cheapest vehicle, but with all the options and safety features is a bargain.

Steering wheel, mirrors, and seat are memorized for up to three people. So each time someone else drives it I do not have to find all the "spots" again.

Certain options are not available with other options. Ideally all options would be available irregardless of the other options ordered.

My best SUV yet
By Dean

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is the quietest vehicle we'v eowned. Due to health problems, I have not had this one off road yet, but inclement weather driving has convinced me it is fully capable as any smooth road SUV. Jeeps, Hummers, G-wagon, etc., are the rock and mud SUVS, and the MLs are not in that group. Getting to the spot that you really need one of those, the new ML is at the top of the list.

Keyless Go. Finger tip shift lever. Endless ajustments to seats. Overall comfort. Confidence in driving.

More power, Two speed transfer gears for off-off road use. Better gas mileage.

• SUV