2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 M-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

It's a sweet ride, baby
By r.e.achin md

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my third Mercedes vehicle. I have driven a Toyota, a Mitsubishi and 2 Jeeps... so far I have been impressed by the Mercedes quality. I live in a 4 season climate, and whatever the season is, it's a sweet ride!

Favorite Features

It's not a lexus.

Suggested Improvements

It should come in red.

Best SUV I have ever driven
By Ray Gerbi

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had my ML350 for 4 months now, and have driven on a couple of extended trips during that time. As well as it drives, it looks even better. Folks really check it out when I drive by! The handling is superb, and it is a very quick, comfortable machine to drive. I thought the 20.5 mpg on the highway was a tad low, but, I do have a tendency to drive a bit faster than a good speed for economical driving. My wife loves to drive the suv, and she says she feels very safe and comfortable in it. I am 67 and I have had my share of luxury vehicles. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for the safety and practicality of an SUV, and the comfort of a luxury car.

Favorite Features

The Navigation and sound systems are terrific. Make sure to get Sirius radio!

Love my M350L
By Tiffany

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I went from a Navigator to the M- Class. I love the handling of this SUV because it feels like a car. It has tight handling and you should check out the lean when driving in a curve. It has all the luxurious that say "Mercedes" but is also fun to drive. The new body style is sportier and doesn't look like a minivan. It is an SUV I plan to keep for a while.

Favorite Features

The radio/navigation system/telephone.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder for back seat passengers.

A mixed review
By alan j. reis, m.d.

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The vehicle was ordered with a factory installed towing package. It was forgotten by the factory and can not be added post-market. It also mated with the Mercedes bicycle rack. This was a real bummer. The dealership said this was a fairly common factory problem. Not great for the Alabama Mercedes Quality Control. While I was offered a few sweeteners to take a vehicle without the towing package, it ended up leaving a somewhat sour taste in my mouth. I have contacted Germany to see if more can be done. I thought they were really committed to getting the US factory bugs worked out. The center console opens in two different ways and the latch sticks. That is a minor concern.

Favorite Features

The vehicle handles very well and the premium package comes with beautiful wood and the seats are very comfortable. The power latch and the air suspension are very nice features.

Suggested Improvements

Make the rear curtain airbags standard. One should not have to pay for safety options. It would inspire great guilt if one economised by not ordering that feature and if it led to an avoidable injury. They should truck vehicles from the factory and not first rail all eastern vehicles to Detroit.

Best SUV
By Faisal Farooq

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Great SUV. Traded in 2003 Escalade ESV for ML500. Had test driven Range Rover Sport HSE, BMW X5 4.4 and Porsche Cayenne S, but ML500 is the best. Great Style, quality and faster than all of its competitors. 0-60 mph for ML500 is 6.7 sec. (X5 4.4 - 6.8, Porsche Cayenne S - 6.9, Range Rover Sport Super Charged - 7.3 (HSE - 8.2))

Favorite Features

Lighting Package with turning headlights and turning illuminated fog lights.

Suggested Improvements

Touchscreen navigation with more options as in Lexus

KING OF SUV'S
By Adam

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car when it first came out and I loved it. but after a month something went wrong with the airmatic so I had to return it for a new one. I just love the ML i got it's fully loaded with everything and i think it is just great. This is the King of SUV's.

Favorite Features

AIRMATIC, Appearance package, Lighting pacage, Sunroof, 3-zone climate Control, Power tallgate, heated front seats :)

Suggested Improvements

Navigation should be a lot better and it should have bluetooth and a back-up cam it should also have voic control. The rear seats should be able to be heated. And you should be able to get vent seats in the front.

Beautiful In All Ways
By Beth M.

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I did my research before buying my ML350. I love it! It's beautiful and rides like a dream. I'm on the road a lot and needed a comfortable ride. I am also tall, so it was important that there was great leg and head room. It runs great! Absolutely no complaints. The controls and gadgets inside are designed with a lot of thought to detail. It's a fun SUV to drive and I would recommend it above the competition any day. Drive one today if you are looking for beauty inside and out, you won't be sorry.

Favorite Features

Love the extras that I added. Chrome...lots of chrome from door handles to the grill. I also upgraded to tires.I have a white ML350 and all of this sets it apart from the pack.

Suggested Improvements

Love it just as it is!

Sweet Machine!
By Bill

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The ML 350 is deserving of all the accolades it has received so far. This SUV rides like a dream! It is quiet and comfortable with plenty of power. The stereo has theatre like sound that makes you hate to wanna turn it off. If you want a great ride at an affordable price, the ML 350 should be at the top of your list.

Favorite Features

The front of the SUV is stylish. The back end; however, could use a little change by redesigning the tail lights.

Suggested Improvements

The only things that I would change are to include Memory Seats and Heated Seats with the leather seating option. I have to adjust the seat every time I get in it since my wife is the primary driver. I also shouldn't have to spend a lot of money on other options just to get heated seats.

Ed`s review
By ed

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Had an old Ml320 for 5 years and like it. This one is a far better car , drives better , looks better and has all this bells and whistles. It doesn`t drive like a SUV anymore. High quality vehicle.

Favorite Features

New shifter , instrument gauges , size , ride etc

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage , do something about it (diesel engine , hybrid anything)

Not bad
By David K

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My first MB. Has rough downshift from 2nd to 1st gear. Acceleration gets better after 500+ miles. One day after a heavy rain, the CD player failed to eject the CD and displayed "no CD" in the unit and I had to use a plier to pull it out. The rear door also failed to open at the same time.

Favorite Features

The acceleration improved after about 500 miles of driving. Great exterior look. Comfortable rear riding.

Suggested Improvements

Reposition the turn signal. Replace the exterior vent with metal. The plastic parts look cheap. Get a new navigation system.