Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

John's review
By johngroskopf33

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This vehicle has the best heating and air-conditioning system I have ever experienced. The optional three zone system with infared glass makes it really comfortale in the sun. The car handles very well, the speed-variable steering is a very important standard option. The optional parktronic system makes it very easy to get into the garage each day without parking by "brail". The seats are very comfortable, they allow you to drive for long distances without the normal "back-ache". It is not the cheapest vehicle, but with all the options and safety features is a bargain.

Steering wheel, mirrors, and seat are memorized for up to three people. So each time someone else drives it I do not have to find all the "spots" again.

Certain options are not available with other options. Ideally all options would be available irregardless of the other options ordered.

My best SUV yet
By Dean

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is the quietest vehicle we'v eowned. Due to health problems, I have not had this one off road yet, but inclement weather driving has convinced me it is fully capable as any smooth road SUV. Jeeps, Hummers, G-wagon, etc., are the rock and mud SUVS, and the MLs are not in that group. Getting to the spot that you really need one of those, the new ML is at the top of the list.

Keyless Go. Finger tip shift lever. Endless ajustments to seats. Overall comfort. Confidence in driving.

More power, Two speed transfer gears for off-off road use. Better gas mileage.

The Best SUV ever
By LouSand

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have been driving all kinds of SUV's, but this one it has to be one of the best out there. I am very impressed with how it handles. It corners nicely, and I feel very save when I'm out with my family on the weekends.

I love the styling and performance of the new ML500

So far I am very happy with the car. I can't say what improvements they should work on.

Great SUV
By GREAT SUV

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

After riding in the Lexus and BMW, this was the best and most fun to drive. It just says luxury. The controls could be better positioned, but overall its a great buy for the price.

Radio

Cruise control, leather and moonroof standard

Many Problems
By Bill

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had to have the whole engine replaced after 5 trips to the dealer for excess oil useage. Exterior lights burn out. Now major problem with transmission which will not upshift and very jerky. Probably been in the shop a total of 30+ days with other problems

Comfortable to drive and great visibilty. Very good MPG, plus very powerful.

Needs major attention to quality and not just concentrate on appearance.