2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Never buy an ML
By roverfanatic7 on 12/30/12 17:15 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Just traded in the 2006 Mercedes ML-350 with 116,000 miles on it. Worst car ever. Reliability was terrible. Resell is horrible. Basic maintenance is extremely expensive. Had battery troubles, alternator troubles, and electronic troubles. Horrible design. Electrical boards are under the seats, so you can't get anything wet. One time the wipers, alarm and locks went off just because the battery was dying AGAIN. Automatic liftgate never worked. Sick and tired of Mercedes and will never buy again. Traded it in for a 2013 Acura RDX.

Great SUV IF its working
By flip900rr on 12/06/12 11:41 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

We purchased an 2006 ML500 a year ago. It has been in the shop at least 4 times and over $10K of repairs. I am glad we purchased the extended warranty and it is still covered. Thank God! Anways, if this suv was just reliable it would be perfect. My wife and I love driving this vehicle. The problem it is always in the shop. We are thinking about trading it in because it a hassle taking it to the shop every 3-4 months. This is by far the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned.

Happy Owner
By soccermom on 05/22/10 10:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The 2006 Mercedes Benz ML550 is a huge step up from the 2006 Mercedes Benz ML350. At less than 1 mpg difference than the 350 the 550 is definitely the king of the road. Buy the ML550 over the ML350 (if you can find one) and you'll be a whole lot happier.

NICE...BUT C'MON....
By Ross on 06/24/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The car is truly beautiful from the outside and wonderful to drive. You have to get the V8. There is probably only 1 mpg difference but a huge difference in power. The only thing is that the inside is soooooo simple. The interior is ok but c'mon, Mercedes really hasn't changed anything on the inside in 100 years. Old buttons, mediocre nav. It makes you wonder about the price when far-inferior cars look amazing on the inside in comparison. Little leg room in the back. Mercedes is a driving machine, yes. But for $60,000- plus (with AMG), I want my car's interior looking a little better than a Honda... don't you think?

Family Car??
By Hercedes on 12/05/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

We have had this vehicle for just over a year. Overall we are happy with it with the exception of a few things. The biggest issue we have is rear seating for kids. Many of us buy these vehicles because of its safety and frankly it rates phenomenal at the tests.The issue we have is with 2 small children(6 & 8) leg room is non existent due to us having to move our seat back (6 ft 2) but their legs do not hang over the seat. Parents may want to keep this in mind. Service at MB is horrid here in South Florida.The car is a canon, feels safe, turns on a dime, overtakes with no hesitation, turns heads, again it is safe. I would certainly recommend this vehicle to any of you.

Love my ride!
By LexingtonLawyer on 10/14/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Overall, a very nice vehicle. Highly desirable, fun to drive, and way smooth looks. Have gotten many compliments and requests to "take a peek" inside. This is my second Benz and I'm keeping this one for the long haul. Stable and solid ride. Good acceleration. Feel very safe whether I'm in agressive, heavy traffic or bad weather.

John's review
By johngroskopf33 on 09/21/06 14:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This vehicle has the best heating and air-conditioning system I have ever experienced. The optional three zone system with infared glass makes it really comfortale in the sun. The car handles very well, the speed-variable steering is a very important standard option. The optional parktronic system makes it very easy to get into the garage each day without parking by "brail". The seats are very comfortable, they allow you to drive for long distances without the normal "back-ache". It is not the cheapest vehicle, but with all the options and safety features is a bargain.

My best SUV yet
By Dean on 09/14/06 12:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is the quietest vehicle we'v eowned. Due to health problems, I have not had this one off road yet, but inclement weather driving has convinced me it is fully capable as any smooth road SUV. Jeeps, Hummers, G-wagon, etc., are the rock and mud SUVS, and the MLs are not in that group. Getting to the spot that you really need one of those, the new ML is at the top of the list.

The Best SUV ever
By LouSand on 09/11/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have been driving all kinds of SUV's, but this one it has to be one of the best out there. I am very impressed with how it handles. It corners nicely, and I feel very save when I'm out with my family on the weekends.

The Best ML 500 ever
By Louis on 07/10/06 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I had a 2002 BMW X5 4.4 and it was a nice SUV, but it doesn't compare to this new ML500. The quality of the ride, the comfort, performance and fun to drive. We love the changes that were made to the styling of the new ML.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.