Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

DO NOT BUY MB AND PLEASE INFORM OTHERS
By michael umali

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Do Not Purchase this vehicle. I wish I can show the receipt for this vehicle because you're better off buying a vehicle from other sources because the amount of payment for repair is not equal to owning this vehicle. I need a time machine to talk to myself of never purchasing, co-signing this vehicle because the quality is all aesthetic and each part of the vehicle is expensive with expensive "mechanics" that will siphon as much money from you as they can. Mercedes Benz seems to rely their profit from consumers paying and over paying for maintenance that should not be required. Where is the picture upload for my receipt in which these people are trying to steal money from me after purchasing these vehicles. PLEASE PLEASE BOYCOTT MERCEDES BENZ DEALERS AND MERCEDES BENZ PRODUCTS

ML 350
By Ken

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Excellent SUV for the money. Great ressle value!!!

My ML has been solid transport in all weathers
By Zeke

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned this car since new, and I've only recently had to invest serious money in repairs (after 10yrs). While the leather on the driver's seat has suffered a bit, the rest of the interior has born up well. The paint remains as new. The transmission has had intermittent issues, but those problems have mysteriously vanished. I've never had problems with the AWD system or hill-descent control, which I've used extensively. I've just had to spend $5k on myriad repairs, but when amortized over 10yrs, the cost of ownership has been acceptable. All it all, it's been one of the better cars I've owned and still looks and drives great. The driving position is very comfortable for taller drivers (I'm 6'5") and even with the driver's seat adjusted for me, the passenger behind the driver still has reasonable room. The engine has never missed a beat after 132000 miles, and the electrics are still working as new. My primary complaint has been the quality of the switchgear which is rather poor, and a twitchy left signal light that fails and recovers all on it's own. The window switches on the driver's side have repeatedly popped out and I can no longer use the sunroof due to a dodgy switch (don't like the sunroof anyway). That and I have to agree that the UI on the nav system is a bit of a pain. Overall I have to say that my main complaint is that it will be very hard to replace this car once it packs it in. The new ones are silly and far too Japanese-looking IMHO.

****Warning- do not purchase******
By Khadijah

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I brought this car because I owned a Mercedes before. However, I wished I never purchased this year 2006. After having the car a year the engine light came on and the worse began. - Balance Shaft replaced - 8 sensors replaced in 8 month span - 2 Ignition coils replaced - MAF sensor replaced - ECU Connector replaced - Headlight wiring insulation cracked (and shortcut) - The wheel wells are covered in some kind of fabric(?) which will come loose - Rear bulbs keep burning out - Subwoofer blown - Rear windshield wiper does not complete cycle - Interior vents adjusters falling apart (glued?) - Ratting in left front door - Rear hatch rattling - Lots of rattling when interior is cold - Seat Belt lock stops working . The repairs are still being added. I put the car in the shop yesterday and was told $4000 more in work. Mercedes Rep said to get rid of the car. Because this was the first year they rolled this class out the car is a lemon.

MBUSA bad rep!
By KAY

2006 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I wish I was warned before buying this SUV because I would have never gotten it. It looks pretty on the outside, but that's all it is. Unfortunately, I found out about the balance shaft problem after I had purchased the vehicle and was quoted more than $7000.00 by a local MB dealer to fix the problem! I couldn't afford the cost and decided to wait for the class action law suit to conclude before I decided to do anything. Long story short, I found out that the class action law suit covers those who had their SUV fixed which means I'm on my own. I contacted MBUSA to see if they were willing to help with the cost, but was told to pretty much "Go to hell." I guess they don't care about future customers!!!!!Thankfully the car still drives except for the check engine light being on. Hopefully I can get a few more years out of it and get a non-MB vehicle!!!!!!!