2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class 5.0L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Still alive

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Review

Still alive
By Still alive on

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I just replaced my 2003 ML500 with a used 2005 ML500 for one reason only...it fully prtected me, my and dog during a high speed T-bone accident which resulted in a rollover one and half times with a 180 degree spin on it's roof. We all walked away with seat belt bruises which demonstrated the cockpit safety and protection worked well. The 45 MPH crash resulted ion less than 6 inches of body depression at impact. I was almost blind sided but had the instant acceleration to prevent her from hitting my door directly. We had many fine road trips on our 112,000 mile journey with it, reliable and well serviced. I"m happy we found a replacement to keep us safe and on the road.

Favorite Features

Response, road handling and safety. Stops on a dime and backroad rides are extremely comfortable. Handles BLM roads securely and holds the road well. Comfortable and safe cockpit seats during rollover side impact accidents at high speed (45MPH)

Suggested Improvements

Better attachment of rugs on rear seats. Rugs pull out when boxes are slid over them when seats are down and are impossible to repair well. Decrease the glare of the dashboard display lights for fog lights. The bright green hinders night vision and rteflects around the cabin.