2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: Great Car

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

ML500 4dr SUV (5.0L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Great Car
By CPad on

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my ML with 35K miles on it and it's been the absolute best car I've ever owned. I love the solid feel (other's descriptions of a tank are accurate) and I feel completely safe in this vehicle. It handles beautifully in the wet, snowy weather in my area. I too have had trouble with the flaking on the back windows but that's about it cosmetically. The car handles like a dream and has enough horsepower to get me out of a tough place if I ever find myself in one. Can't seem to find a phone that works thru the speaker feature tho...

heated seats, self-adjusting backup mirror, seat memory, the general feel of driving this vehicle

rear seat levers (too hard to fold down), don't unlock ALL doors when one door is unlocked (kids in the back), better gas mileage (but it's a big engine, I know), window controls on the door instead of console (confuses everyone), headrests that fold down into the seats when not in use (on newer)