2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: Great SUV

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

Great SUV
By ML500 on

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a wonderful car to own. I've had it for 4 years. I've taken good care of it, and in return it's taken good care of me. I've been looking to move on to my next purchase but have had a difficult time finding something that I like enough to give this one up. The 2005 model year ML was the best looking, particularly the special edition which I have. It was the most distinctive design. MB ruined the ML with the introduction of the 2006 model year that looked almost identical to every other middle sized SUV on the road. From 2006 on, they look like a Kia Sorento, A lexus RX, and every other round bubble SUV on the market. Had one small problem in year 1, a faulty battery.

Favorite Features

The power, the safeness of driving around in a small tank, airbags galore, the way it feels safely attached to the road and not tipsy like most other SUVs, the interior is very nice, Navigation is easy to use. The 4 wheel drive suspension made it trucky and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I don't know what the current model year has, so I can't really suggest improvements. Maybe try to go back to a time when the ML was distinguishable from every other SUV.