2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Beautiful SUV, great handling
By ML 500 Special Ed on 01/20/05 10:29 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second ML, had the ML 320 2001 first and loved it as well. I just bought the ML 500 Special Ed and there are many improvements. My first one had some problems, but as 4 more years have passed I am hoping they have made additional improvements in reliability. There is nothing comparable out there as far as style and this time around I am finding that the car rides much quieter. The turn radius is excellent, making it very easy to park just about anywhere. I found other SUV's like the Lexus too big and bulky for what I was looking for. This SUV rides tight and handles really well! I love it! Is very luxurious inside!

I love this SUV
By Robin Waggoner on 01/14/05 09:13 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Mercedes. My first was the C-Class which I loved and than our family expanded and I had to have another Mercedes. This SUV is all that I wanted and more!! I got the sport edition and love the inside interior. This SUV feels safe when you drive it down the road. Everything that I wanted.

ML gets bad rap by reviewers
By Robert on 01/09/05 12:57 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great performance...this is my third ML...first one bought in 1998.. second in 1999....great improvements since first introduced...I get better gas mileage than listed by ratings... 350 engine is great.. great highway vehicle...I have put over 350000 miles on three ML's since 1998

Own it. To know it.
By MJ. Velus on 01/05/05 17:45 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

PROS: Luxurious cabin furnishings, plush ride quality and a strong range of engines. CONS: Not much cargo space,mediocre fuel mileage with V6.

Cheap Luxury
By Javier on 01/05/05 15:33 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

You will not get anything similar for this price. Fun to ride.

I love my ML500
By John on 12/29/04 14:18 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have 12,000 miles on my ML500SE and like it better than any other I have owned including BMW X5-4.4, Landcruiser, and Range Rover 4.6HSE. Fast, quiet and comfortable. Love the Sirius radio and Nav system. Fit and finish are great and have not had it any for any type of service.

Excelllent SUV
By Ricky74 on 12/26/04 00:37 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Own a silver '05 special edition. Absolutely love this SUV. Previously owned a '02 ML320 and this one is even better. FAST engine, luxurious, and very capable of off-roading. Fortunately, this is still a true SUV with body on frame chassis. Everybody complains of how this vehicle is "showing its age" because it's not of unibody construction. They couldn't be further from the truth. This is an SUV, not one of those cross over, overly dressed up,soccer mom, fancy station wagons. Would recommend this vehicle ten times over. Would recommend buying from this dealer even if out of state.

not as bad as they say
By racephotog on 11/27/04 17:52 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

this is my 2nd ML and if the fact that I bought it after owning a '99 doesn't tell you I think of them nothing will. Use it in my work in the deserts of Nevada and the mountains of Colorasdo. They have been nothing but exactly what one would expect from a Mercedes.

Love this SUV
By Love this car on 11/10/04 14:29 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in Early June when the car had barely been put on the market. I was one of the first to buy the Special Edition ML350. I love this car. It is a great car to drive when going out with friends as it is both roomy and has a great sound system. The power on the AWD 3.7L 6cyl is fantastic, as well as the easy handling I wanted to get a hold of one of the last 350s being produced since the 2006 is coming out soon. In my opinion, the 2005 ML350 is so much better then the 2006 since MB is deciding to make the ML LESS of an SUV (through body chassis,performance,etc) and more like a family wagon looking car.

So Far So Good
By Lissette Cutler on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

So Far, This SUV is a 10!