2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
I bought two!
By Bonnie Lunt on 07/16/05 10:02 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second M-class car. Living in the Northeast where we get black ice in the winter, I have had excellent performance from this series under terrible road conditions. I traded my heavy four wheel drive pick-up for the heavy M-class. I not only feel secure, but the ride is much more comfortable. It's not the most fuel efficient, but I think it's worth the tradeoff.

Not as hot as you may think
By Thatdude on 07/15/05 15:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

For the first year I owned this car, it was amazing. It was fun to drive, got decent gas mileage, and of course it performed well in all types of weather. However, it was all downhill after the first year. Brakes needed to be replaced after only ten thousand miles. The whole car rattles, and the car decides to jerk back and forth at a red light. The radio decides to turn off whenever it feels like. Please tell me how a Mercedes needs a new transmission after only 15 thousand miles? Since I owned this car, it has been in the shop over ten times. Good thing Mercedes has a good service plan, otherwise it would have been hell. It was such a pain to keep bringing the car in though, such a waste of time.

Not just eye candy
By Cruiser on 07/10/05 11:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

It is a great vehicle with everything a SUV should be and then some. I have driven several SUV's, but this one lets you know the very minute you sit down in the driver's seat that perfomance and control, as well as safety, have been adressed in this vehicle. Also, the comfort and entertainment package will blow you away. In short, prepare yourself for the best.

ML500- Not a Lexus or BMW
By Ken on 04/12/05 22:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Squeaky brakes, annoying rattle in the hatch, stiff and sticky gas pedal...all of which the shop foreman has heard before. To fix breaks they will apply an anti-squeal formula for free that will get me through the first year, then what? Check engine light that will not go off...all in the first 5000 miles. Gas mileage is poor but I expected that. Best part is I have to pay for the service intervals....a cost cutting measure in 2005. After seeing all the plastic/rubber on the new 2006 model, I am glad I did not wait. This is my first Mercedes!

What An excellent package
By jdslovesmotos on 03/14/05 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased the ML-350 limited edition package and I truly love it. It is the most plush vehicle I have ever ridden in. Its new styling make it stand out and there is no car company with history and prestige like Mercedes-Benz. I truly love and would reccomend it to all.

Comfort and Performance
By Luxury and Practical on 03/04/05 17:52 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has taken its hit on fuel economy but I didn't buy this Mercedes Benz ML 350 (special edition) for this purpose. It's the best all around SUV that I test drove including the BMW SUV 5.0 which I liked but which was overpriced. The special edition includes 17 inch wheels which add to the comfort of the ride. I've owned a Cadillac Escalade and had test drven all the comparable SUV's prior to buying and concluded that this luxury SUV had it all. The ride is comfortable when you drive this SUV unlike other SUV's which drive like a truck.

Excellent
By kaz on 02/18/05 10:32 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great solid performing SUV. Much sturdier than Lexus, however ride is choppy. Interior is very plush and comfortable

Sporty Feel
By Fireball on 01/30/05 15:08 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Looked at from the outside, this vehicle looks small, but I'm impressed by the cargo room. Two large crates for our German Shepherds will fit into the cargo section with rear seats down. Climate control system is superb, with vents in the rear seating area. I'm also impressed by the safety features. There are no blind spots. Nice fit and finish all 'round i.e. no squeaks or rattles, but bear in mind only 3K on the odometer.

My benz is great
By jaason on 01/27/05 16:51 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The ML500 special edition is great. It is very good with gas. It goes from 0-60 in about 4 to 5 seconds and there is alot of cargo space.

A ride to have
By Mj V. on 01/22/05 09:51 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a ride you must own in order to tell a story. What a beauty to own! This is my first ML 350 and I wouldn't have chose anything over this SUV. It's a solid built for the road, a powerful yet luxurious ride. The suspension is beyond words. I am excited about this purchase and thrilled to know that I've bought this 2005 body style. From the pics I've seen, the 2006 ML-350 looks too much like the RX 330. Less of an on and offroad SUV and more of a crossover sedan and car. Don't like it.