Do not buy this SUV
By Sheikh711 on
2004 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
Biggest mistake I did buying this SUV. It feels like I am driving a TANK - very very uncomfortable and feels like there is no grip on the road. I am always scared turning this car on hard corners. Do yourself a favor and look for some other car in this class or WALK rather than ride in this SUV.
Favorite Features
NONE
Suggested Improvements
The worst Merc SUV. My suggestion is that they should recall this car overall and refund people. It's not even worth having this SUV on road.
By 4uml500
on 10/10/11 13:21 PM (PDT)

Itermite...the disgruntled (Sheikh???). His comments are way off center and posted with very little thought. His problems are inconsistent with the reputation and proven characteristics of the car...so I'm wondering if he confusing his tank with an ML500?? I have an ML500 and wouldn't trade it for a tank or any other military vehicle. Of course I keep great tires on it so I don't have to be a wiss and be scared of turning corners.

By irtermite
on 09/04/11 20:04 PM (PDT)

Not quite sure what the problem with the above reviewers particular ML was, but mine rides on rails. Maybe the ML350 is a bit lesser in the suspension category, but our ML500 is excellent! The beefy sway bars make this thing feel way more nimble than most SUVs on the road. 25mpg exit ramp? Try 60-65 without any wheel chirp. Body roll? A surprisingly small amount. Well, it's to be expected when cornering such a large vehicle, but "scared"? No, I feel very confident riding in this beast. Too many variables involved to know what's up here. Tire pressure, worn suspension, who knows?