2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class 5.0L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - It's an acquired taste

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

It's an acquired taste
By MB&Caddy on

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned my ML500 for 5 months now. Coming from my 01 Seville STS, was a change of course. Overall I think the vehicle hits the mark. Not perfect, but what vehicle is. Gas mileage is decent, but this is my 2nd V8 in 5 yrs so I'm used to the gas guzzling. Off the line snap is good enough to put you back in your seat. First trip was to Gatlinburg, TN and the MB was nothing but solid. Had to dial down the cruise in the mountains, it kept accelerating. Solid, comfortable, great view in traffic and a huge sunroof. Slips in and out of traffic and parking is a breeze, waiting for first real experience w/ bad weather. This thing shrugs off rain and wind like it's nothing.

Favorite Features

Great off the line, will run to 100mph w/ out blinking. Huge sunroof, smooth nav system. Solid build, great view in traffic.. Does come with a little prestige and cache. One touch windows all the way around. Full compliment of airbags ( 8 ) Wife loves driving it.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise & turn signal easy to confuse. Could have had duplicate audio controls on steering wheel. No telescope on steering wheel. No adjustable lumbar support. Takes a while for rear of truck to heat up, my STS would heat up in 5 minutes. All complaints were covered w/ new model..