2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
ML500 Inspiration Edition
By Laurenxesq on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We traded in our 2001 ML320 in orion blue for the new 2003 ML500 Inspiration Edition. The capri blue color is just beautiful. The handstitch seats with the new DVD-ROM in dash navigation sold us on the spot. After test driving the vehicle, there is NO COMPARISON on the ZOOM between the 320 and 500; 500 definitely beat the 320.

Good truck
By indeed on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The M-Class is now reaching five years old. As Edmunds.com has said, it was a great handling truck back then-- but now everything is car-based and the M is being left behind. As a truck, great. As a crossover, forget it.

MY ML 500
By BUDDY on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

FUN CAR TO DRIVE, IT IS VERY FAST AND A VERY GOOD RIDE. THE PROBLEMS I HAVE HAD WITH MY ML500 IS NOISY BRAKES, REAR TIRES WEARING OUT PREMATURLY AND BAD CUP HOLDERS. DEALERSHIP STATES THERE ARE NO CURRENT FIX FOR ABOVE PROBLEMS BUT THEY ARE VERY AWARE OF THEM. ALSO IT SEEMS THE PAINT IS VERY THIN. IT CHIPS VERY EASY.

Only MB not built in Germany!
By AlexSeng on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my ML320 for 6 months and it's been at the shop for 4 times. The problems were 1. Gear shift Stuck, 2. Back seat could not unfolded. 3. Low range malfunction. 4. strange siren sound from under the foot well (MB dealer could not find the cause). I just got a letter from MB that there is a recall so I need to take my car in for the fifth time. The service advisor at the dealer told me she's seen a lot of ML320s with poor quality and said it might be because they are built in Alabama instead of Germany to cut cost. One of my friend bought a Acura MDX at around the same time and used to envy my MB, but now I regret that I bought my ML320.

Great all round SUV
By P.G.P. on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third ML, owned a 2000 430, a 2002 500 and now just took delivery of my '03 ML500 with the Inspiration Pkg. Handling and performance is fantastic but to make it even better I changed the springs to lower the vehicle ~1 1/2" - it really improves the cornering performance and still leaves a little travel for minor off- roading.

ML350 Inspiration
By mattfo on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle - we owned a 2000 320ML and this is an improvement. The Inspiration edition is worth the extra bucks - we paid only $350 more for it and it's great!

great car
By trip on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had this car for a while now, enjoy it thouroughly. We did have a couple of issues, such as, power window switch going bad, power streering hose coming off. However, got an immediate first class service to address the issue.

M class it's here to stay
By kakau on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

this vehicle it's very safe it drives smooth like a sedan with a very comfortable interor.it's made for people who enjoy a smooth afternoon ride in the neigborhood and also for those who like a big adventure. well desingend interior with premium material a good v6 engine well designed exterior with a longer wheel base that turns it a safer vehicle.

ML350 Exceeds All My Expectations
By SilverML350 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My Brilliant Silver ML350 has exceeded all of my expections. I read that these trucks were so unreliable taht I was prepared to have some problems. I have not had any problems so far.

great ride
By fuji on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

handles like a dream and solid as a rock!! gas mileage could be better but a lot of truck. bose sounds great but needs controls on steering wheel. third seats are really jumper seats but if you have small children they work.