2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
ML500 I love this car
By fbon on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I got my ML500 2 months ago (silver w/ Java interior) and the car is a blast. Best of all the punch of the 288hsp V8 will put a big grin on your face. Coming from a BMW 328, I can honestly say this SUV is truly a sporty utilitarian. Interior is splendid as far as confort. Some design improvement possible. Overall Mercedes Benz did a big effort in 2002 to correct/update most of the shortcomings of earlier versions just as soccer moms were rushing to the the X5s and Accura SUVs. This vehicle is hot!! again believe me. I already saw several black ML500 with Inspiration Edition and their big chrome grill in lots of cool places in NYC. No reliability issue to report so far.

ML350 Disappointment
By Alex Spielhagen on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My new ML 350 now has 1000 miles on the clock. 600 of those miles came from traveling to the dealer to have the " check engine" trouble light checked out. Apparently fuel management system and the emissions control system contains unreliable components.Presently I am waiting for new parts.A factory recall for exchange of power steering hose clamps was installed also. I very much looked forward to driving a Mercedes again. I owned a 230 for 15 years and a 280E for 3 years. They were great cars. Pity that the marque has fallen so much.I am afraid that I will not have any confidence that I can take this truck on a long distance trip.Bloody shame..

Consumer
By Merc on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Not up to par on features vis-a-vis competitors in same price range. Significantly improved quality since intro in '98 Already see condensation in left headlight assembly. Will have to get replaced. Not something I would expect in a $50,000 vehicle. Had I not gotten a terrific deal. I would have gone to competition but they are all selling at MSRP or above. (Volvo, Toureg, Cadillac, Lexus) Ridiculous.

A Pair of Winners
By derleute on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2 ML320s, a leased 1999 and a purchased 2002. In 4 combined years of ownership I/ve had absolutely no problems nor any need for warranty work with either one. They keep getting better by including more standard features every year. The emergency notification system and navigation systems are terrific and Bose sound spectacular. My only minor gripe ist the 6 CD changer belongs in the dash, not in the cargo walls. Thumbs up for American craftsmanship.

Chrysler quality- M Benz price
By Rocky Mtn Madness on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV has been very disappointing.The quality control is lacking. Numerous shop visits without satisfaction and a dealer who cannot get it right. I will never buy a MB product again.

Review of M-class
By M-class reviewer on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive and very reliable. It is a perfect size; it is not too large as some are, and not too small as many are.

ok better ride in bmw
By mb90 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Its little loud, it could use little more power.I belive other suv are to be look at out for the same price.

Mercedes-Benz ML 350 Inspiration
By SUVdriver on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

On my fourth day of ownership, I was on my way to work when the truck began leaking power steering fluid. Soon I found myself unable to steer and was forced to pull over to the side of the road. I had it towed back to the dealership. A recalled part (clamp) had failed and was replaced by the dealership. Three days later I was on my way to a business meeting when, once again, the power steering fluid began leaking and I was unable to steer the vehicle. Yet again I had to call to arrange for towing back to the dealership.

Worst Benz EVER
By Ovi on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

An ML500 Insp.(03)loaded. At 1,500mi the "check engine" light came on, I'm told the gas cap was not tight. The problem persits. Took it back wks. later & dealer changed something. The light went off & later came back on. Called dealer & car kept for two days. I picked it up & light was out. Two days later on, take it back & it is now the catalytic converter. (at 4000Mi). Ask dealer & MB rep.what about when car is out of warranty? The MB rep & MB service mgr. say they'll "monitor" vehicle. I went home to find out next a.m. in my garage a leak (washer fluid).

M350 first 3 months
By jmbarry on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle has been comfortable to drive, and to my friends who had seen earlier versions, its much more luxurious. It seems Mercedes has stepped up to the plate and fixed earlier probelms and built a Mercedes level vehicle. But they kept the price low. For a car after 6 model years it drive nices, feels wonderful inside and is priced cery competitively. A great buy for the money.