2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
2003 ML 350
By WLK on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Solid unbeatable safety features. Best snow vehicle you can buy. Typical poor fuel economy, SUV. Only average power from the 3.7 l motor. Limited color selections. The interior layout better than previous years. A woman's vehicle unless you are only 150 lb. male. Narrow and short seats, too harsh a ride. Build quality below average for Mercedes.

Excellent Ride
By lbo100 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As far as reliability, function, resale value, ability to city drive and overall comfort, I would not exchange my ML for any other SUV (except of course an ML 430).

Inspriation 350ML
By Mark2000 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great car to drive with lots of class. Nice feel and look when you get the Inspriation Edition. Sports seats, chrome grills and instruments, trip computer, etc. Great package. The AMG seats are great with added lumbar support and full bosters. Only problem so far has been a factory recall for power steering hose clamps. $3000 dealer rebates on 2003 models.

ML500 I love this car
By fbon on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I got my ML500 2 months ago (silver w/ Java interior) and the car is a blast. Best of all the punch of the 288hsp V8 will put a big grin on your face. Coming from a BMW 328, I can honestly say this SUV is truly a sporty utilitarian. Interior is splendid as far as confort. Some design improvement possible. Overall Mercedes Benz did a big effort in 2002 to correct/update most of the shortcomings of earlier versions just as soccer moms were rushing to the the X5s and Accura SUVs. This vehicle is hot!! again believe me. I already saw several black ML500 with Inspiration Edition and their big chrome grill in lots of cool places in NYC. No reliability issue to report so far.

Mighty Fine Vehicle
By Sacha Prins on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML55 AMG AWD 4dr SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2000 ML320 (old model) for a 2002 ML55 (new model) last may, and I must say that besides the obvious performance gain, the quality of the car (interior, rattling, overall quality) has also improved a lot. I'm basically a very happy camper, and besides a recall involving the powersteering everything has been fine. This car and the dealership I bought it at live up to my Mercedes-Benz quality expectations. I don't quite understand the static the other reviewers give the ML55. The only thing against the car would be the fuel milage.

ML350 Disappointment
By Alex Spielhagen on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My new ML 350 now has 1000 miles on the clock. 600 of those miles came from traveling to the dealer to have the " check engine" trouble light checked out. Apparently fuel management system and the emissions control system contains unreliable components.Presently I am waiting for new parts.A factory recall for exchange of power steering hose clamps was installed also. I very much looked forward to driving a Mercedes again. I owned a 230 for 15 years and a 280E for 3 years. They were great cars. Pity that the marque has fallen so much.I am afraid that I will not have any confidence that I can take this truck on a long distance trip.Bloody shame..

Consumer
By Merc on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Not up to par on features vis-a-vis competitors in same price range. Significantly improved quality since intro in '98 Already see condensation in left headlight assembly. Will have to get replaced. Not something I would expect in a $50,000 vehicle. Had I not gotten a terrific deal. I would have gone to competition but they are all selling at MSRP or above. (Volvo, Toureg, Cadillac, Lexus) Ridiculous.

A Pair of Winners
By derleute on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've had 2 ML320s, a leased 1999 and a purchased 2002. In 4 combined years of ownership I/ve had absolutely no problems nor any need for warranty work with either one. They keep getting better by including more standard features every year. The emergency notification system and navigation systems are terrific and Bose sound spectacular. My only minor gripe ist the 6 CD changer belongs in the dash, not in the cargo walls. Thumbs up for American craftsmanship.

Chrysler quality- M Benz price
By Rocky Mtn Madness on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV has been very disappointing.The quality control is lacking. Numerous shop visits without satisfaction and a dealer who cannot get it right. I will never buy a MB product again.

Review of M-class
By M-class reviewer on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive and very reliable. It is a perfect size; it is not too large as some are, and not too small as many are.