2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Driven Everywhere
By C. McMichael on 10/29/05 18:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I drive this thing +175 miles a day, 4 to 5 days a week under all conditions and on every type of road way and I really enjoy the car. It has enough room for passengers to be comfortable, but is much more comfy for me than my last 2000 ML320. For a car to stand up to what I put it through and keep going with little to no maintenance is very pleasing. A great buy and I don't even care that I have to reach over 6 inches to adjust the radio instead of the steering wheel.

More problems than you would expect
By rsingr on 10/08/05 10:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased 4 Mercedes in 2003, (2) ML500, (1) 500S and (1) E500 The ML500's had fuse box fans that squealed for a half hour in the morning. Serious brake and tire problems. Each ML required new tires at 25,000 miles. Each has had the brakes replaced twice in 46,000 miles. ($1,400 for brakes) At 53,000 miles the brakes squeal so bad they are embarrassing to drive. Each has been in about a dozen times for various repairs. Top dollar, inferior quality, design problems and miserable service. Avoid these automobiles.

Safe and Secure.
By Joe Cross on 10/05/05 15:22 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The feel of this SUV on the road is one of stability and security. This is my second M class, the first was the reason for the second. On my way home one evening a Lincoln Town Car pulled out in front of me and we collided nearly head on, I ended up on 2 wheels going the wrong way into on coming traffic. I was able to control the vehicle and turn it while on two wheels back onto my side of the road.

Makes a great pet
By green chiai tea on 06/18/05 21:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The 500 gets even better mileage than the ML430 that it replaced. The tranny is better and more responsive. Xenons, rain sensor wipers, electric rear quarter windows, folding mirrors, etc. . . . it offers all the features you'd want in an SUV. Lots of cargo space, and tows like a champ.

Liking it!
By AC on 06/03/05 00:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a used 2003 with low miles and just love the way it handles the road, especially in the rain. The sound system and climate controls are superb.

Best mid-size SUV on market
By BEN-Z on 10/29/04 20:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The rumor is true, when you buy a Mercedes you expect nothing less than the best in everything; and that is what you get. 2003 ml350 w/ sport and comfort pkgs. Can't say enough good things about the car, gets better gas milage than expected! Truely the classiest yet most fun to drive SUV on the market. There is definately a reason the star turns heads no I know why! All of our expectations were met. Sincerely, Extremely Pleased Mercedes-Benz owner

solid and reliable
By barag on 03/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

the dealer has been great. we have no problems of any kind.

It is a rocket
By Dmessersmith on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML55 AMG AWD 4dr SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned a variety of BMW's, MB's, and Lexus's, I can say that the ML 55 is simply for those that want an SUV that is all beast when you hit the gas. It lacks some of the basic conveniences and creature comforts that are found in lesser vehicles, but when you hit the gas, take a hard corner, and need it to respond, it there for you. No sissies need apply.

Awsome Offroad
By Scottsdale, AZ on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Shortly after purchasing this I got a lot of flack for buying a 4 wheel drive car that most people never take off- road. Living in the desert I quickly put them all to shame when I drove my ML through a wash that 2 lifted pick up trucks were currently stuck in and then proceded to do a 12 mile treck through the desert on a trail that was "Jeep Recomended". This SUV is the best SUV on the market. It has amazing off-road capabilities, a very comfortable interior, a powerful engine, and hardly any problems. But, what else would you expect from the vehicle the German military relies on.

owner
By Roxanne Haueisen on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I have found the M-class to be a very enjoyable and reliable car to own. The only problem I have had is with the coolant light coming on and the dealership has resolved the problem quickly and professionally. The interior is very comfortable and user- friendly. It handles more like a car than a truck and overall is a smooth ride. Gas mileage is average, could be better.