Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz M-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

ok better ride in bmw
By mb90

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Its little loud, it could use little more power.I belive other suv are to be look at out for the same price.

Favorite Features

Safty eqip.inside and rear fold down seat to make room for storage.

Suggested Improvements

Little more power for the 6 cyliner and and beef up the inside for less noise

Mercedes-Benz ML 350 Inspiration
By SUVdriver

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

On my fourth day of ownership, I was on my way to work when the truck began leaking power steering fluid. Soon I found myself unable to steer and was forced to pull over to the side of the road. I had it towed back to the dealership. A recalled part (clamp) had failed and was replaced by the dealership. Three days later I was on my way to a business meeting when, once again, the power steering fluid began leaking and I was unable to steer the vehicle. Yet again I had to call to arrange for towing back to the dealership.

Favorite Features

Inspiration edition, heated front seats, Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes-Benz needs to work out the reliability issues associated with the ML.

Worst Benz EVER
By Ovi

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

An ML500 Insp.(03)loaded. At 1,500mi the "check engine" light came on, I'm told the gas cap was not tight. The problem persits. Took it back wks. later & dealer changed something. The light went off & later came back on. Called dealer & car kept for two days. I picked it up & light was out. Two days later on, take it back & it is now the catalytic converter. (at 4000Mi). Ask dealer & MB rep.what about when car is out of warranty? The MB rep & MB service mgr. say they'll "monitor" vehicle. I went home to find out next a.m. in my garage a leak (washer fluid).

Favorite Features

The engine ROCKS, growls. That is the ONLY good thing about this car.

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING: Reliability, build quality, comfort, all with exception of engine needs to be redone. I am sorry and sad for Mercedes Benz.

M350 first 3 months
By jmbarry

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle has been comfortable to drive, and to my friends who had seen earlier versions, its much more luxurious. It seems Mercedes has stepped up to the plate and fixed earlier probelms and built a Mercedes level vehicle. But they kept the price low. For a car after 6 model years it drive nices, feels wonderful inside and is priced cery competitively. A great buy for the money.

Favorite Features

Interior stylng. Rear seat heater and air conditioner, Weatherband radio ( I will use it as a four wheel off road vehicle) Cup holders. Nav system

Suggested Improvements

Make the seats softer, put the trip computer in all versions of the vehicle.

TOO LITTLE FOR TOO MUCH
By SCENIC

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

NOISY TAILGATE LATCH ON MY WAY HOME AFTER PURCHASE, AND NEEDED REPLACEMENT. ANNOYING CREEKING SOUND DEVELOPED ON PASSENGER SIDE WINDSHIELD FRAME POST.DEALER KEPT VEHICLE 3 WEEKS. AFTER TAKING MOST OF THE FRONT END AND DASH APART THEY FOUND A SPOT WELD WHICH NEEDED TO BE RE WELDED. VISIT TO CAR WASH, THE WINDOW SWITCH WOULD NOT CLOSE WINDOW AND HAD TO RETURN TO DEALER FOR REPLACEMENT. POWER STEERING HOSE BROKE AND LEAKED ALL OVER DRIVEWAY BECAUSE OF FAULTY DESIGN. WOUND UP HAVING RECALL ON THIS FAULTY DESIGN.TOP HEAVY FEEL WHEN DRIVING ON WINDING ROADS.

Favorite Features

MERCEDES NAMEPLATE IS PROBABLY THE ONLY THING ABOUT THIS VEHICLE I LIKE, IN ADDITION TO THE GOOD VISIBILITY COMPARED TO MOST OTHER SUV'S ESPECIALLY GOOD VISIBILITY OUT THE BACK HATCH WINDOW.

Suggested Improvements

LOWER CENTER OF GRAVITY. MORE RELIABILITY BETTER HEADLIGHTS