2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
2002 ML 320
By rousseau on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd ML, improvements over the '98 and '00 models were needed. Rear a/c and heat, rear air bags (safety concern for my children); better stereo system; turn signal lights on the side mirrors; Tele-aid

very classy!!!
By nice merc! on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

this is a very nice SUV from mercedes. (well, the only other choice you have is the ugly G-Class)! nice overall fit and finish, nice climate control dials, nice front seats, cool navigation screen, etc. maybe i should have gone for the X5?

My ML55 AMG
By MBZdriver on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML55 AMG AWD 4dr SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I love the way my SUV drives, it handles great for how big it is. It has 342 HP which is more than most cars on the road and is a real head turner. My Benz is faster than my sister's 2002 CLK320.

The New 2003 ML350 Inspriation Edition
By ScottEsq on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

WAKE UP EDMUNDS! The much-maligned ML320 is dead. Long live the ML350! Even though the automotive press dropped the ball on covering this vehicle, it is the wonderful replacement of the ML320. The 3.7 liter motor delivers 232 hp and 254 lb- ft of torque. My Inspiration Edition is as luxurious and comfortable as the E320 I traded, and has more power. It holds everything a family of five needs for a weekend trip to the lake -- something my E-Class simply couldn't do -- in any kind of weather. No rattles, no sqeaks, no vibrations. A wonderful sport light truck!

Unparrelled German craftsmanship
By kt33f-anb on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Driving toward the sun, head lights turn on by themselves, when sun comes down, dashboard illuminats automatically. Downhill traction control is real. ETS+ works like magic during heavy rainpour on freeway. Ergonomic interior design, quiet cabin even at 80mph. Second row seats easy but little heavy to fold. Deep bass sound throughout. Precise braking, engine torque comes out needed. Head start lacks speed like X5, it is typical Mercedez. I am 6 foot, 265 pounds, it satisfies my size, leg room, head room, shoulder room, as well as hip room. Even the cloth seat itself has lumbar support.

HORRIBLE CAR!
By Daniel on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML55 AMG AWD 4dr SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I have always liked BMW much much better than Mercedes. but 1 year i gave Benz a chance and i went and bought the ML55. I have only a couple things to say about that car. IT SUCKS. my wife has a BMW X5 4.6is and it is sooo much better than the ML. I will never buy another Benz as long as i live. You think Benz is better because they have been known longer but it is HORRIBLE! THANKS!

ML IS GREAT
By janoo on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Hi, I Recently purchased a 2003 ML320. I have to say that this is a geat vehicle. I always dreamed of buying an SUV, but I never thought that Mercedes would fit the bill. I feel like I am gliding in air when I drive this car. All I can say is pure fun and enjoyment. My 3 year old sun loves the 3rd row seats and will not sit anywhere else in the SUV.

GREAT SUV
By Nathaniel on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Best value, everything great about this SUV except gas consumption.

True SUV with all the creature comforts
By Ben Hur on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The ML320 is one of the safest SUV's in the market. It feels like you are in a M1 tank. Although, the gas mileage is average in its class it has excellent acceleration. It also has excellent off road abilities, thanks due to the "low range". I looked at purchasing BMW X5 but found this Mercedes M calss offered more vaule for the money.

ITS COME A LONG WAYS FROM 1998
By FRED PERRY on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS FROM MY OLD 1998 ML320, MOST PRIOR OWNERS WILL NEVER COME BACK. I FEEL MERCEDES BENZ CARS AND SUV'S ARE THE SAFEST BUILT VEHICLES IN THE WORLD AND THAT IS WHY I HAVE COME BACK FROM A 1998 ML 320 TO A 2003 ML 500. WHAT A DIFFERENCE WITH OVER A 1000+IMPROVEMENTS.