2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
MERCEDES M-350 SUV
By BSK on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

WE CERTAINLY LIKED BUYING THE VEHICLE AT RUSNAK. IT WAS A NON-STRESS EXPERIENCE. THEY WERE WILLING TO DEAL BELOW INVOICE. THE VEHICLE NEEDS A LITTLE MORE HEADROOM. I AM 6-4 AND IT IS A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO GET INTO THE VEHICLE. IT IS MY WIFE'S CAR AND SHE LOVES IT. IT HAS A LOT OF SAFETY FEATURES THAT SOLE US ON BUYING IT.

Not what I expected
By randallc on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As a previous owner of a 1995 S class, I was expecting more from a Mercedes. The M class is in a much lesser league than my old Mercedes. It does not exude quality and opulence. It is "plasticy." It feels like a car for the masses. It lacks the solid, stoic, German, big, heavy feel that I was looking for. Instead, it is what I would have expected from a mid-priced line.

TOTAL NIGHTMARE
By KmW on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Power windows that wouldn't go back up (in a rainstorm)was my first experience. I have had to get new batteries 3x now at $35 a pop. I have had problems with my dashboard lighting up like a Christmas tree. My front brakes (according to the dealership)"went" at 27,000 miles to the tune of $300. Here is a small list of what has broken in the short time I have had this vehicle, water pump, anti theft, cd player, stereo speakers, srs, abs, there was something else but I can't remember those three letters ha ha, and most recently the radiator. Everytime I bring this vehicle in I lose it for a minimum of 3 days, as it would seem parts are hard to get.

The ML320 is Dead - Long Live the ML350!
By scottg on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The ML320 is dead -- replaced by the much-improved ML350. I bought the Inspiration Edition and have been very pleased. The upgraded interior has sport seats and better leather, both lifted from the ML55 AMG, and wheels and tires from the ML500, which make it handle much better on dry roads than the old M-Class. The new 3.7 liter engine of the ML350 has enough new power and torque to give the M-class new vitality. It also has terrific second-row seats that fold perfectly flat to the height of the load deck. I am very impressed with the quality of the new M-Class Inspiration Edition. It finally drives and feels like a "German-made" Mercedes-Benz.

2002 ML 320
By rousseau on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd ML, improvements over the '98 and '00 models were needed. Rear a/c and heat, rear air bags (safety concern for my children); better stereo system; turn signal lights on the side mirrors; Tele-aid

very classy!!!
By nice merc! on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

this is a very nice SUV from mercedes. (well, the only other choice you have is the ugly G-Class)! nice overall fit and finish, nice climate control dials, nice front seats, cool navigation screen, etc. maybe i should have gone for the X5?

Unparrelled German craftsmanship
By kt33f-anb on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Driving toward the sun, head lights turn on by themselves, when sun comes down, dashboard illuminats automatically. Downhill traction control is real. ETS+ works like magic during heavy rainpour on freeway. Ergonomic interior design, quiet cabin even at 80mph. Second row seats easy but little heavy to fold. Deep bass sound throughout. Precise braking, engine torque comes out needed. Head start lacks speed like X5, it is typical Mercedez. I am 6 foot, 265 pounds, it satisfies my size, leg room, head room, shoulder room, as well as hip room. Even the cloth seat itself has lumbar support.

The New 2003 ML350 Inspriation Edition
By ScottEsq on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

WAKE UP EDMUNDS! The much-maligned ML320 is dead. Long live the ML350! Even though the automotive press dropped the ball on covering this vehicle, it is the wonderful replacement of the ML320. The 3.7 liter motor delivers 232 hp and 254 lb- ft of torque. My Inspiration Edition is as luxurious and comfortable as the E320 I traded, and has more power. It holds everything a family of five needs for a weekend trip to the lake -- something my E-Class simply couldn't do -- in any kind of weather. No rattles, no sqeaks, no vibrations. A wonderful sport light truck!

ML IS GREAT
By janoo on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Hi, I Recently purchased a 2003 ML320. I have to say that this is a geat vehicle. I always dreamed of buying an SUV, but I never thought that Mercedes would fit the bill. I feel like I am gliding in air when I drive this car. All I can say is pure fun and enjoyment. My 3 year old sun loves the 3rd row seats and will not sit anywhere else in the SUV.

GREAT SUV
By Nathaniel on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Best value, everything great about this SUV except gas consumption.