2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Safest among SUVs
By FBgreatfalls on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV to drive around the town and on Hwy. Very easy to handle and park while fun to drive. ML350 has a good pick up and power delivery due to its higher and smoother torque delivery. It is kind of heavy (about 4800 lb) for its size but it is built solid and feels like a full size SUV. A bit tight in the back seat but still comfortable with proper air flow. If you get this car, try to get it with GPS and Bose audio system.

MB SUV
By Izzo on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Got the 350 with Inspiration package and worth the extra buck. Much more luxurious than previous 320 model. Excellent leather, wood panel, fatter tires and silver grille. Handling and performance very predictable.

The original bench mark SUV
By Dave L on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The ML is still one of the best SUV values and was the bench mark for the current crossover SUV. I think anybody looking for a true SUV will not be dissapointed...

By guest on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

solid, fast and reliable...

best and safest suv on the road
By jojo A. on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Be ready for heads turning and lot of your friends want to test drive your car! with the package I got makes the car stands out with the other competitor. I have the inspiration package that adds a lot of sportiness inside, with the engine and transmission upgrade I never had problem in trying to go around on the freeway. Very easy to maneuver even in the most zigzag road. The most important is the peace of mind about the safety of the vehicle 10 airbags with 24 tele assistance which comes with 1 year from the manufacturer. Overall happy with my decision of getting rid of my old suv and bought this car. Makes me enjoy driving again!

Best Car I ever owned
By Jerzy J on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am extremely satisfied with the Vehicle overall. I am confident the reputation of a German Engine / Transmission will prevail. Provides the Chrysler comforts. No compaints none so ever I have on comforts. Their safety features are unmatched. Miles per Gallon can be better.

A Very Strong Capable Vehicle
By Tough on Cars on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The ML500 is a rock solid SUV. It is fast as hell and can hold up well against very bad roads. I was very impressed by the traction in the snow and rain. I was driving more cautiously than I should have. The SUV is built extremely well, I feel safe and secure in this care. It is very fun to drive and a head turner.

self
By stevevagun on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Very nice safe car

What a disappointment!
By Poughkeepsie Family on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the Mercedes ML-320 with such excitement and high hopes. What a disappiontment to own a new car that keeps breaking down! Sure the dealer fixed each problem (though not the first time more than once) but the hastle of bringing the car in for repairs was significant. The car is peppy, but this seems to come at the expense of gas milage; we never acheived the EPA estimates even when driving the car gently. Yes, it has a third row of seats, but they are not convenient to use.

ML 320 overall
By Jonnyboy on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am extremely satisfied with the Vehicle overall. I am confident the reputation of a German Engine / Transmission will prevail. Provides the Chrysler comforts. No compaints none so ever I have on comforts. Their safety features are unmatched. Miles / Gallon are on par with other SUVs. Can be better. Did not provide a MP3 Playback in the Extremely good audio system. Navigation technology was CD based in 2002, but are now DVD based and compatible with the 2002 MLs. I find the 3rd row seat very useful. Small but good for kids.