2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
ML 500 slightly disappointing
By hairydog on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle overall, however a number of minor defects take away from the overall positive impression we have. Defects include: window trim that is fading extremely quickly/unevenly; rear windows which watermark w/o remediation possible; climate control fan system which randomly sends air to areas of its own choosing (noisy as well). Dealer resists repairing despite informing me these are "common problems" on ML 500's.

My first and last MB
By atria on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML55 AMG AWD 4dr SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

18m of problems.Many unscheduled visits due but not limited to: xenon lights (x2),cooling reservoir,brakes, brake lights,wipers,ashtray (x3),radio, trip computer. Nav. system/ heat/cool,flawed big time.MB too cheap to authorize a replecement with the DVD based system..If it ain't broke (to pieces) don't fix it! Who pays for my wasted pers/profes time? Did not get my money's worth.My wife's,same age,RX300 has not been back except for an oil change.I'll get rid of it soon and I'll never look back.

Don't buy one
By millerp on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The build quality and reliabilty is terrible. I have never owned a car or truck this bad.

Not impressed
By ML320 Owner on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I trusted the quality of Mercedes-Benz, but this vehicle did not meet my expectation. In the past several months, I had a few issues with its brakes, power windows, and transmission. The ride is fine. I did not notice this much when I purchased the vehicle, but the automaker went cheep by using many components made by plasctic. For the price I paid, I could've found a better-built vehicle in other brands. Just like any other comsumer products, you would be paying premeum for the name, not the quality you should get.

Long Live the 320
By Yarb on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

You're insane if you don't buy this SUV and even nuttier if you don't get a 320 instead of the 350. This is a great all around SUV. The gas mileage is not too bad, and you get real off-road capability if you need it (and sometimes up north you need it in the snow, regardless of what the advocates of "carlike" SUV's say). I think the 320 is a fantastic bargain right now. The dealers are motivated to sell, and I can't tell the difference in power between the two. And when push comes to shove, you just can't beat Benz customer service.

2003 ML350 Limited Edition "Inspiration"
By garyroseyu on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I previously wrote a glowing review for the 2003 ML320 that I purchased Sept of 2002. Well, just when I thought it couldn't get any better, MB delivers! The "Inspiration" package is a must. What an incredible value for all those upgrades (ML55 grill, ML500 rims, AMG seats w/ Athracite Leather, Chrome Instrument Panel Rings, etc.) I noticable increase in power. The AMG seats are great with add lumbar support and full bolsters. The interior is much more sportier. This is the right choice if you are looking for class and luxury.

Safest among SUVs
By FBgreatfalls on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV to drive around the town and on Hwy. Very easy to handle and park while fun to drive. ML350 has a good pick up and power delivery due to its higher and smoother torque delivery. It is kind of heavy (about 4800 lb) for its size but it is built solid and feels like a full size SUV. A bit tight in the back seat but still comfortable with proper air flow. If you get this car, try to get it with GPS and Bose audio system.

MB SUV
By Izzo on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Got the 350 with Inspiration package and worth the extra buck. Much more luxurious than previous 320 model. Excellent leather, wood panel, fatter tires and silver grille. Handling and performance very predictable.

The original bench mark SUV
By Dave L on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The ML is still one of the best SUV values and was the bench mark for the current crossover SUV. I think anybody looking for a true SUV will not be dissapointed...

By guest on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

solid, fast and reliable...