2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
2003 ML350 Inspiration Edition 225k miles and still going strong
By sbushue on 06/02/11 15:30 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Family bought this SUV used back in 2005 and since then put on 175k miles on it. Been extremely reliable. Of course there is the maintenance. However, it is expected with any vehicle. This has now became my vehicle (3rd owner), and am confident it will get to well over 300k. Has handled well on the road, especially on the curves and in the winter time as well.

Not for the long haul....costly repairs
By BenzOwner516 on 02/23/10 05:11 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle in 2003 and currently have 125,000 miles on it. This car has been a NIGHTMARE. The suspension has major issues, my total cost for suspension, control arm and various related issues is well over $7,000. The catylytic converters went at 90k miles,$2,300. Transmission control module, power steering column and pump, calipers froze, transmission mounts, motor mounts, heated seat caught on fire.....the problems are too numerous to name. Overall I've spent at least $20,000 on repairs. All the mechanics I've spoken to advise getting rid of this car after 5 years. It is definitely not built for the long haul. First and last Mercedes.

Ml 350 ???
By R2r on 08/06/09 19:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this Suv new. after 4 years with 25000 miles i replaced front and rear brake pads and rotor and 4 tires.After 6 yrs with 35000 miles need a pair of ball joints and door assembly.

Mack's opinion
By MACK on 02/08/08 22:37 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle was purchased from a dealership, I am the second owner, with 42k miles, perfect condition, no dents, no scratches, no leaks, everything works, new tires, complete safety check was done. It is white with beige leather interior, Nothing gone wrong with the instruments.

Black Lemon
By bleigh on 01/24/08 10:28 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car...but Mercedes doesn't back their product like they would have you believe. First, the steering column was replaced (reluctantly, by MB); then after putting me off repeatedly while "trying this and that" (until the warranty ran out) about a gear noise in the front left wheel, they replaced the transfer case. MB ended up charging me for half of this repair, despite the fact that they said they'd take care of it. I still love the car, but this dealership has cured me of ever wanting another one. New battery and alternator cost me $1000~!

Too many problems for a real MB
By Arturo on 03/20/07 13:26 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My second ML, realy enjoy the ride and the sense of security on this SUV. But unfortunately I'm very disapointed with too many little things that were never solve by MB and too many big repairs that came right after the waranty expired (central locking system, rear wiper motor -how often do you use it?-, engine problems never solve by service department, heated seats burn my legs, speed sensitive volume on audio system,... etc, etc, etc. Tires and brake life is less than 22,000 miles. Overall great looking and confortable SUV, with too many problems for a MB

Love this SUV, but...
By Armani on 05/02/06 16:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car 5 month ago. I was the second owner. The car was one of the top-notch options-equipped and one of the dream cars you wish to buy. I love this car for the way it handles the road and the luxury you barely find in American cars. Although it was the best car I rode so far, I am thinking of selling it for the sole reason of the gas mileage specially when it comes to $3.50 per gallon. One more thought, When you are driving a Mercedes SUV do not compare the feeling with an S class ride. Got it? It a tough rugged SUV with a Mercedes logo.

Driven Everywhere
By C. McMichael on 10/29/05 18:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I drive this thing +175 miles a day, 4 to 5 days a week under all conditions and on every type of road way and I really enjoy the car. It has enough room for passengers to be comfortable, but is much more comfy for me than my last 2000 ML320. For a car to stand up to what I put it through and keep going with little to no maintenance is very pleasing. A great buy and I don't even care that I have to reach over 6 inches to adjust the radio instead of the steering wheel.

Best mid-size SUV on market
By BEN-Z on 10/29/04 20:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The rumor is true, when you buy a Mercedes you expect nothing less than the best in everything; and that is what you get. 2003 ml350 w/ sport and comfort pkgs. Can't say enough good things about the car, gets better gas milage than expected! Truely the classiest yet most fun to drive SUV on the market. There is definately a reason the star turns heads no I know why! All of our expectations were met. Sincerely, Extremely Pleased Mercedes-Benz owner

2nd time around...
By Ives on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 1999 ML430 with a 2003 ML350. Improvements have definitely been made with regard to ride and handiling of the '03. The 2003 has a softer feel, though I do receive more engine noise than the ML430. My two biggest gripes are the same as those I have read in other chat rooms: no stereo controls on the steering wheel and poor fuel economy. Other than that, it's a great rig in many, many ways. Dealers are very aggressive with pricing on the MLs right now, too, so it's a good time to buy!

1 2 3 4 5 next »