Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Proud Owner
By Kenneth Allen

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle by far the best car I have owned
By mochoa47@yahoo.com

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from my work (Alpine Electronics) in 2004 (they purchased it due to a quality issue with the radio) No problems found. I have not had major repair issues with it, I have put 176K miles and it just keeps going, only maintenance I have done is breaks, tires, oil changes, and lately replaced valve cover gasket due to some leaking issues and while it was there I told them to replace all the hoses, re-charge AC (it had never been done) as well as the timing belt. Great value for the price, the quality of this vehicle has surpassed my expectations. I have owned Porsche, BMW, Nissan, Jaguar, Alfa Romeo and by far this is the best vehicle, would love to upgrade but why? the car is still running as if it was new!

2003 ML350 Inspiration Edition 225k miles and still going strong
By sbushue

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML350 AWD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Family bought this SUV used back in 2005 and since then put on 175k miles on it. Been extremely reliable. Of course there is the maintenance. However, it is expected with any vehicle. This has now became my vehicle (3rd owner), and am confident it will get to well over 300k. Has handled well on the road, especially on the curves and in the winter time as well.

Can you believe
By Joey Martin

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned this ML 500 for 6 yrs and it has a total of 174,000 mi. It has been bullet proof! Yes it's hard on brakes, every 22k mi. Tires depending on brand 30-35K. Mechanically, the only major issue? I just had the dealer install a new power steering pump at 171,000 mi. Wow! Great SUV, the best MB I have ever owned. Why get a new one?

Reliability, Interior (Inspiration PKG), Sound System.

Brakes could last a little longer.

164K miles runs like new
By Joey

2003 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have maintained this ML 500 at the dealership since purchase. WOW, the only issue has been brake jobs every 25K miles, a new battery at 100K and of curse oil changes 5k. I take care of it and it has NEVER let me down. My favorite car/SUV ever! maybe, I am lucky but this ML 500 has been bullet proof.

Cruise 85-95 effortless. Built quality.

Those brake jobs are expensive (heavy SUV)