2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class 3.2L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 3 Years and Still Running

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

ML320 4dr SUV (3.2L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

3 Years and Still Running Well
By lshelmir on

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the ML as a replacement to a '99 Range Rover, to get me through college, and after driving for 3 Years, I feel that it can go for at least 10 more, the car is doing well. I feel safe driving it anywhere, and like the styling. I haven't had any major mechanical problems, only minor things such as the battery, and brakes. The radio is better than some, but worse than others. The storage is great, I love having the 10 airbags, heater rest mode is a life saver in the winter. Drive quality is good, and reliability is unparalleled. Parts can be costly, but it is a Mercedes. However to tell the truth, I do miss the Rover, it felt more solid, both on dry road, as well as in the snow.

Favorite Features

Reliability, airbags, safety features, interior lighting, tele-aid. Trip Computer above the rear-view.

Suggested Improvements

Brake service ($500 Yearly), no steering wheel controls(Optional Voice Control). Mercedes customer service not on par with GM, Land Rover.