2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: Beware of the brake!

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

Beware of the brake!
By David Tsuei on

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML55 AMG AWD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This ML55 was meant for my wife, and she does love this SUV. But the biggest problem with it, is the braking system. It was a nightmare! The disc only lasted less than 10k, over the 4yrs of ownership. We have spend over $4k on the brake job alone! As I have found out that MB has one of the worst braking systems in the world, and the worst part is that they insisted there are nothing wrong with it! I strongly suggest all consumers not to purchase MB, until they resolve the problems. Most of the other problems are minimum, as it comes with all luxory cars. We drive BMWs now, its a step down. But at the least, we don't have to worry about the maintenance!

Very smooth take off, no slowing down once you step on the gas pedal. Interior is very well done, privacy glass are a good feature and the AC is very good.

Windows can be lowered down with one push, but it stinks when you have to hold it to close! The cup holder must've been designed with their eyes closed, and doing 10mph. Everytime I take off, the drink just slams at us.