2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Great Truck-Espcly compared to the X5
By Ustick on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Finally got rid of my 2002 X5 Bimmer. What a piece of South Carolina-built crap. (I traded it in - didn't have the heart to stick someone else with it.) If it wasn't a recall that had me back at the BMW dealer's service department, it was something else. What happened to you BMW? You need HELP...NOW, especially after learning you have a secret letter out to your dealers authorizing them to buy back the newly-released 7 series cars from all the customers having problems. The Benz is magnificent so far - comfort, convenience, and great performance. Love the V-8. Wow, what power.

ML500 Sport
By Rosenblum on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I went with the sport package and put aftermarket 295's with lowenhart rims, looks great with tinted windows. The Nav system is great once you figure out how to use it. Bose is fair. The small radio and Nav controls are a friggin joke. They have to make the car safe because you stand a great chance of having an accident while you change radio stations. I've had two service problems.Wish I went for the AMG to get the bigger engine.

POOR CRAFTMANSHIP
By Nathaniel on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had my SUV for 3 months and been to deeler couple of times due to poor product design: First the astray failed and have to keep the car overnight co, they have to take apart the median console area. Second the driver side sealer pop out they to replace the section that hold the fancy mercedes name as you step in the car. But its fun to drive, the luxury feature are great then again it drink gas. Overall I'm happy, as long little things will hold.

We got what we paid for
By KONA on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is the third Mercedes-B in our family but it's the first one that was made in USA. We were very concerned about the bad reputation so we researched some information on the X5 and Land Rover as well. We talked to the Land Rover dealers in VA and they told us that the truck was over-priced. And we agreed that we didn't like the shape of X5. ML 320 is the best pick for both of us. It's very nice, comfortable, safe and reliable. We don't have any problem so far.

Nice SUV
By John Lantvit on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a Jeep Grand Cherokee,Chevy Tahoe,and now the best damn SUV on the market. What's not to like now that the bugs are out of it. Quiet,smooth,comfortable,and I hope it's as dependable as my C220 with 130,000 miles and very minor problems as compared to both my former SUV's. Time will tell.FOr now I'm thrilled.I drove the X-5 and if you like driving your couch,buy one.

good suv
By steve270cdi on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am from scotland and have the ml270cdi, I have read all the problems with the old model and do not like its look inside or out but the facelift modle is very good and mated to the auto mated to the 270cdi is one very smooth drivetrain. I have the rear spare wheel holder that makes it look very tough.Like an suv should.I just wish I could have had the 400cdi. I get 33 mpg and found the x5 easy to dicount. I need the low ratio gears and also the $6000 price differnce. Anyway love the car.`,

2002 Ml320 is fantastic!!!
By razor on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Merc has really improved ML320 from 2002 onwards. Its now what a Merc should be

Excellent Car
By James Chan on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Good work MB,, Good Truck after the update.. Lot of well design features..

The Best SUV
By Business Man on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

If you're reading the negative comments posted here and wondering wether or not to buy an ML, trust me...... BUY ONE. I have owned other SUV's and believe me, there is no comparison. You have to experience it to understand

poor quality ML320
By Jeff Platon on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

too many serious mechanical problems, including replacement of shocks, steering mechanism, ac motor and switch