2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
A NICE SUV
By FFS on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is one of the safest SUV's available in the market. The 3.2L engine has sufficient power for most applications. Handling and ride quality are good for a truck with a body-on- frame design. Climate Control is very efficient but the sun sensor is a little too sensitive. Reliability has been very good with 12,000 trouble free miles so far.

Mercedes ML500
By jims on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I'm thoroughly pleased with this vehicle. The SUV provides a comfortable ride and feels safe in all weather. Great and comfortably priced introduction to a Mercedes.

really, this is the best car out there
By great car on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

this car is one of a kind... i got the car because i wanted to downsize from the ford expedtion and still have the 3rd row seating... i looked at the other opttions and i relized i wanted a 3 point star on my hood. this car really drives like my jaguar. i take this car everywherere and my friends complememnt me. its just a great car and makes a statement

really, this is the best car out there
By GREAT CAR on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

My second m class
By mike clouser on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I bought 1998 m class and it was back a lot at the dealer for repair and had poor air conditioning for Ok. The 2002 came out and after driving the 98 I could easily see the improvement. The 2002 is phenomenal. It does everything well; has many features the 98 did not have, handles better and has never been back for any warranty work despite 16ooo miles the first year.

Dream SUV ML 500
By Carl Schulz on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is the car to own. The power is excellent. Function is great. Unfortunaly I had to call for road service twice in the first week. The ML would not start. Service was OK the dealer replaced the starter. I like the service - no charge for 4 years! What more could one want. Space plenty. The nav system could be easier to load. This is my second ML. The first one had no problems ever for 65 K. Again great car, my entire family likes it.

not competitive with other suvs in class
By jadwin on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Mbz Doesn't hold its value at trade in time. Kind of tank like in ride and handling. Cheap interior and parts inside will fall off and don't feel good to the touch. Tiresome ride after 30 minutes.

Fabulous
By Dipu on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Just GRRRRRREAT. I love everything about this SUV. I got a great bargin on a 2003 MB ML320.

Nice car
By drjay71 on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride, amazing luxury, solid feel

Nice Powerful Utility Merc
By guest on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Besides better economy of fuel what more could I ask for?