2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Just got one
By HITERP on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at buying a used 00 or 01. GLAD we went with an 02. FAR nicer vehicle. Smoother, quieter, many nicer features (climate control, vents and controls for the rear seat passengers, etc...). The vehicle is very easy to drive. I would recommend it for someone who likes the additional room an SUV provides in the rear, but doesn't want to drive a huge vehicle.

Ml 320 reveiw
By stra on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehical with a great pickup and great interior. Our only concern is that it has a rough ride compared to the Lexus RX 300 which we own.

I wish I never wasted my time
By Maria on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car really sucks,.The radio gets louder and lower on its own,windows make noises,sunroof button isnt automatic,front ligther went on fire,radio controls are really far away from your seat so you have to move foward to change the station & I'm preety tall6'1 so you can't blame it on my height,when I start it, it makes noises,coolent tube fixed twice after 5 months of buying the car, I had to fix it 2x, my brake pads wore out after 7months,Check engine light is always on, Gas Gas Gas need I say more? The gas is soo horrible I would I could curse at it. I can keep on going but I would hope you get the message that the car really sucks bad

My second ML320
By Wayne Post on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My first 1999 ML320 was a plain Jane model. It was unbreakable and the dealer support was much better than I expected. Although I bought it used, and from out of the area, the local dealers always exceeded my expectations. I liked the '99 but the '02 is dramatically improved. Every feature works better and I treated myself to all the amenities. I dispute the claims that the ML series is flawed and poorly assembled. Everything worked, always, and I used it hard.

Not your father's Mercedes
By carfreak23 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The ML feels a little cheap and not as solid as what I expected. It does not have that heavy MB ride, and I do not feel swathed in luxury when I drive it.

DISAPPOINTING
By NJFL on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second SUV I have owned, and my first MErcedes Benz. Unless I can afford the S500, it will be my last Mercedes Benz. It is a very unreliable as parts that I have never even heard of break down with minimal notice. I have been at the repair shop so often that I know every service agent by first name. THis is a very disappointing car for the mercedes benz logo. It has destroyed almost every degree of respect I have for the brand. This comes close to being the worst item I have ever owned.

Still the best SUV around.
By MM on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Even better than the original 1998 version.

A competent luxury SUV
By Frank S on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The M class is one of the best luxury SUV's in the market today. Its handling is great and its ride quality is good. The interior of the M class is simple and functional with plenty of luxury amenities. Its exterior is tough yet elegant. The reliability of the M class seems to have improved considerably over the years and now appears to be on par with the competition. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a safe and competent mid- size luxury SUV.

Much Better then my 1999 ML
By Bottedi on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I leased a 1999 ML and got this new 2002 version after my lease ended. I liked the 99, but was really upset with the overall poor fit & finish. This car is entirely different! Much better quality and feels like a luzury car! Still a few complaints - not like a German made MB, but it's great!

great ride
By bjor on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my ml. The only problem I have had is a fuel system software upgade I had done to get better fuel economy didnt work out so well but it has since bee fixed. To the clown who says they flip too easily. tell us how you flipped yours where a car and driver stunt driver could not? Also I do not undertsand those who say the interior quality stinks. I have owned volvo bmw and mb and the quality in the interior is awesome