2002 ML 500 after 2 years of ownership
By TGH on
2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)
Bought in Nov 2001, my ML500 was one of the first in the Houston area. I considered the ML55 AMG for the extra zip, but the '55 has a huge, glaring disadvantage: cargo space. The ML500 has plenty of zip, plenty of cargo room. The Sport Package also gives the ML a more agressive, sporty look. This is a magnificent machine, 26 months after delivery, the rest of the Lux-SUV pack hasn't caught up. I promise you folks, there is NOTHING else on the market in 2004 that has the performance AND high tech gadgetry of this 2002 model.
Favorite Features
Creature comfort is world class and the performance is thrilling. Also cool:the voice activated stuff, incl the MBphone (except the $1700 price), the GPS, and MB tele-aid which allows me to download news, traffic on my personal commute, plus my personalized stock market picks.
Suggested Improvements
The ride is a little rough. For my $60K, I want the sport suspension when I'm rippin' AND a soft ride when I'm cruisin'. Also MB customer service lags far behind all of the luxury car segment. I want an in-car phone apparatus that works with ANY kind of cool portable handset.