2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
A Great Car!
By mlx52 on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Mercedes M-Class has gone above and beyond all of my expectations... I live in Chicago, and I consider myself to be a horrible winter driver, however, with the purchase of this car I feel comfortable and in control of the situations that the road deals me. The interior has been vastly upgraded since the 98-model year and is now in line with the rest of Mercedes Line. The interior is flawless everything is in reach of the driver and everything is intuitively laid out. The car has been a pleasure to drive and have recommended it to all of my friends. I simply can not say enough of how much I love this car!

Excellent Vehicle
By The best one on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle handles well and enjoy the hell out of it. Yes not to good gas mileage, but fun to drive.

The best SUV - ML320
By Bruce07670 on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With recent advances in safety, comfort, off-road ability and on-road performance, Mercedes should maintain a strong presence in the luxury SUV market.

So Far - So Good
By Edward Car on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

With under 500 miles on the ML320, all is performing fine. I did notice however that the ML320 has gained a lot of weight since 1998. This weight increase probably accounts for the reduction in gas mileage over my 1998. The 2002 is a vast improvement over the 98/99 model. ML’s have always handled well, and they are awesome in light off road travel. The 2002 is a credit to MB for continually improving their products. Go for it.

Fun to drive
By spanky on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

So far so good. No major complaints, just a few minor noises. The Black Opal paint shows scratches from the car wash.

Chrysler side of the Family
By JAFO on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I own an SL500 and was impressed with the quality and craftmanship so when I need and SUV the ML was a logical choice. That is what I used to think. This think has been in the for service 6 times for electrical and cosmetic issues. My SL never has been so I am not unreasonable or a motor head that covers it etc... Overall do not buy this car for the money you can have an BMW X-5 with out the headaches!

Don't let the bad reviews throw you...
By Hondo on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

People who purchase in this range tend to be pickey. I've had mine for three years now, and while the 99's did have niggling little problems, all in all this is an extremely fine vehicle. It has spirited accelleration, corners with grace at higher than expected speeds, has a cavernous hauling area in the back, and an excpetional ride. And it IS a Mercedes. I'm very pleased with mine, and would highly recommend you give it a close look. Mercedes has loaded a tremendous amount of GOOD ENGINEERING into this vehicle. Read their brochure, and this will all become very clear. Well done MB.

ML500 Review
By ericd on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

As a tall person, the front and rear leg room is a plus and the short turning radius and good acceleration is ideal for city driving though the braking ability of this vehicle is slightly less than what I expected. On trips to PA in especially hilly areas this vehicle maintains its speed rather well. The navigation system would be great if you could use it with other cd's in the changer-somewhat bothersome.

thebest
By apoolio on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

have 20000 miles on my ML no problems

The new ml 320 2002
By Vito on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new ml320 2002 model. It's fun to drive and it's loaded with features. Nothing beats a Mercedes Benz. I don't think I will ever go back to either a Japanese or American car ever again.