Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

Just got one
By HITERP

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at buying a used 00 or 01. GLAD we went with an 02. FAR nicer vehicle. Smoother, quieter, many nicer features (climate control, vents and controls for the rear seat passengers, etc...). The vehicle is very easy to drive. I would recommend it for someone who likes the additional room an SUV provides in the rear, but doesn't want to drive a huge vehicle.

Navigation

3rd row seating similar to the Honda products (Pilot and Acura MDX) that fold into the floor when not in use. That would make this vehicle PERFECT.

Ml 320 reveiw
By stra

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehical with a great pickup and great interior. Our only concern is that it has a rough ride compared to the Lexus RX 300 which we own.

manual/auto transmision

Need to have a comfortable ride not a rough bouncy ride.

I wish I never wasted my time
By Maria

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car really sucks,.The radio gets louder and lower on its own,windows make noises,sunroof button isnt automatic,front ligther went on fire,radio controls are really far away from your seat so you have to move foward to change the station & I'm preety tall6'1 so you can't blame it on my height,when I start it, it makes noises,coolent tube fixed twice after 5 months of buying the car, I had to fix it 2x, my brake pads wore out after 7months,Check engine light is always on, Gas Gas Gas need I say more? The gas is soo horrible I would I could curse at it. I can keep on going but I would hope you get the message that the car really sucks bad

Fun to drive, thats it

everything you can think of. and I mean every little thing.

My second ML320
By Wayne Post

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My first 1999 ML320 was a plain Jane model. It was unbreakable and the dealer support was much better than I expected. Although I bought it used, and from out of the area, the local dealers always exceeded my expectations. I liked the '99 but the '02 is dramatically improved. Every feature works better and I treated myself to all the amenities. I dispute the claims that the ML series is flawed and poorly assembled. Everything worked, always, and I used it hard.

The respect you get from the public. They acknowledge that Mercedes is the best and they would have one if they could. Thats snob appeal. I like the quality of every part. It handles precisely and it feels like you're part of it when you push it to its limits.

Their improvements fixed problems I didnt even realize existed. I'm confident that they will continue to improve an already outstanding vehicle. If so, I'll buy another one in 3 years.

Not your father's Mercedes
By carfreak23

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The ML feels a little cheap and not as solid as what I expected. It does not have that heavy MB ride, and I do not feel swathed in luxury when I drive it.

safety

Door ajar lights. Better navigation system (Lexus is much better). Offer stick shift version. Get rid of cheap plastic interior parts.