2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Reconsider before buying.
By M.A. Melendez on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

If I had a second chance, I would not buy it..

Solid Alabama Engineering
By komaiko on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

We just love it!

By i like benz on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is good, I like it. I recomend it to everyone who is thinking about a luxury SUV. I like its off road capabilities and smooth highway ride.

So far so good!
By sabroson on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Since I bought the ML500 in Sept/02 I have put on it about 18000 miles. So far I have had only minor initial problems that were corrected during the first couple of months. The truck is FAST. Road and Track tested it to be 6.7 sec 0-60 and I believe it. The only minor thing that I miss is the fact that there are no controls on the steering wheel for the radio. The other little thing is that the navigation system is CD based instead of DVD based, and therefore there are about 10 CDs for the US maps (instead of 1 DVD).

needs redesign
By CRhooff on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The use of a spacesaver spare moves this car to a nonreliable vehicle status. The tire used for this vehicle is not readily available from a tire dealer, and must be ordered. Delivery: 2 to 7 days. If you trash a tire on your vaction trip across the USA you won't be able to pick up a replacement along the way, and you can't drive an extended time on the toy tire. Bad move on the part of the manufacturer. Also the location of the spare: under the vehicle has problems. Can be damaged, and hard to get to except in ideal conditions.

disgrace to MB Name
By krueger on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have been owning ML320 for about a year and have been having nothing but problems. Every two month it is at the dealership for repair: oil leaks, sunroof sometimes does not close, replaced water pump twice, door sills tear up and start leaking even arount sunroof. I thought that I was not lucky, but my neighboor got one and she is only using it on weekends and she still bring her for repair once in four months: same water pump problems, rear axle loose, etc. My friend got one too and he has been complaining about his also. Overall it is peace of s... The only good thing is it off road capabilities. In winter on the snowy roads it is great.

Absolutely the BEST
By GTL on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

If you're reading the negative comments posted here and wondering wether or not to buy an ML, trust me...... BUY ONE. This has got to be one of the best driving vehicles I have ever driven. After over a year of owning my ML 320, I still giggle at how smoothly, quietly, and comfortably this vechicle really is. I have owned other SUV's and believe me, there is no comparison. You have to experience it to understand.

ML320
By ML320MB on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Poor dealer service. Dealrs don't treat this vehicle/ customers the same as they do for their cars.

PERFECT SO FAR
By RICH on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML500 AWD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

No problems after 12,000. powerful,comfortable and safe.

Three weeks old
By PHR on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I turned in my 1998 ML and bought a 2002. The 1998 model was in the shop 13 times during the first two years. 3 times in the first three weeks. this one seems to be a lot better. They put a lot of thought into the later models and made numerous improvements. I hope this one is a REAL M-B!