Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:

I wish I never wasted my time
By Maria

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car really sucks,.The radio gets louder and lower on its own,windows make noises,sunroof button isnt automatic,front ligther went on fire,radio controls are really far away from your seat so you have to move foward to change the station & I'm preety tall6'1 so you can't blame it on my height,when I start it, it makes noises,coolent tube fixed twice after 5 months of buying the car, I had to fix it 2x, my brake pads wore out after 7months,Check engine light is always on, Gas Gas Gas need I say more? The gas is soo horrible I would I could curse at it. I can keep on going but I would hope you get the message that the car really sucks bad

Fun to drive, thats it

everything you can think of. and I mean every little thing.

My second ML320
By Wayne Post

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My first 1999 ML320 was a plain Jane model. It was unbreakable and the dealer support was much better than I expected. Although I bought it used, and from out of the area, the local dealers always exceeded my expectations. I liked the '99 but the '02 is dramatically improved. Every feature works better and I treated myself to all the amenities. I dispute the claims that the ML series is flawed and poorly assembled. Everything worked, always, and I used it hard.

The respect you get from the public. They acknowledge that Mercedes is the best and they would have one if they could. Thats snob appeal. I like the quality of every part. It handles precisely and it feels like you're part of it when you push it to its limits.

Their improvements fixed problems I didnt even realize existed. I'm confident that they will continue to improve an already outstanding vehicle. If so, I'll buy another one in 3 years.

Not your father's Mercedes
By carfreak23

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The ML feels a little cheap and not as solid as what I expected. It does not have that heavy MB ride, and I do not feel swathed in luxury when I drive it.

safety

Door ajar lights. Better navigation system (Lexus is much better). Offer stick shift version. Get rid of cheap plastic interior parts.

DISAPPOINTING
By NJFL

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second SUV I have owned, and my first MErcedes Benz. Unless I can afford the S500, it will be my last Mercedes Benz. It is a very unreliable as parts that I have never even heard of break down with minimal notice. I have been at the repair shop so often that I know every service agent by first name. THis is a very disappointing car for the mercedes benz logo. It has destroyed almost every degree of respect I have for the brand. This comes close to being the worst item I have ever owned.

NONE.

Build the truck in Germany. Perhaps the German engineering would redeem this disastrous automobile.

Still the best SUV around.
By MM

2002 Mercedes-Benz M-Class SUV ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Even better than the original 1998 version.

Cool rain-sensing wipers and blinkers on the mirrors.

• SUV