2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Consumer Review: 9 Month Update

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Review

9 Month Update
By DSanborn on

2001 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd review of this car. I just bought a 24' boat and I'm using the ML320 to pull it. I'm extremely pleased with the towing capacity of this somewhat small SUV. It pulls a 4600lb boat with no problem and I live on a large hill. The low gear is a great feature that works well. We have had no issues with the vehicle and it has been fantastic. I drove it 2200 miles across country without an issue. I noticed the battery comment in a previous review. Be careful - Germans don't like maintenance free batteries so you need to check the water levels in your cells or it will die with no warning. I'm really impressed with the capabilities of this vehicle.

Versatity - It'll pull a large boat! It's fairly efficient for an SUV. My favorite feature is still the safety it provides my family.

Improve the brakes to handle the weight of the vehicle and it's towing capacity. Thank God for surge brakes on trailers. I would highly recommend using Goodyear Fortera Silent Guard Tires. They really quiet the car down.